'American Idol' Debuts Official App (Exclusive)
Voting for season 12 contestants will be easier and the show more interactive, promise the makers of the Fox series' latest tech offering.
American Idol launched an all-new app Tuesday, which promises to make voting easier and the Fox show more interactive.
Currently featured by Apple as “New and Noteworthy,” the Idol app can be downloaded from the App Store and Google Play and operates on both iOS and Android devices.
Along with “real time” conversations on Facebook and Twitter with AT&T Idol Nation, the app offers other interactive and social networking experiences with promises to unload additional special features as season 12 progresses.
Idol fans can also expect instant access to favorite show moments and exclusive content; interviews with the season 12 contestants, judges Nicki Minaj, Mariah Carey, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson and host Ryan Seacrest; and behind-the-scenes footage. But perhaps most impressive will be a unique new voting experience via the AT&T American Idol platform that promises to make it easier to cast votes for multiple contestants with “just a couple of taps."
Idol auditions continue in San Antonio and Long Beach, Calif., at 8 p.m. Wednesday and in Oklahoma City on Thursday.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- It Has Been a Very Long Time Since a Monologue Joke Bombed As Hard As the One Seth Meyers Tried Last Night
- Liz Meriwether on How They Changed New Girl While Zooey Deschanel Is on Maternity Leave
- Full Frontal Presents ‘A Jeb in Winter,’ a Study of the Cold, Silent Despair That Is Jeb Bush’s New Hampshire Campaign
- Bon Iver Share a Gorgeous, ‘Very Old’ Unreleased Song for Your Winter Blues
- Rapper DMX Hospitalized for Asthma Attack, Had No Pulse When Found (Report)
- Beyonce Rented a 10K a Night House for Super Bowl 2016!
- Kendall & Kylie Jenner Get Support From Kanye West at Launch of Lifestyle Brand in NYC
- Tom Hiddleston Leaves Little to the Imagination in 'High-Rise' Trailer - Watch Now!