'American Idol': Elise Testone to Release Duet With Darius Rucker (Video)
The season 11 rocker reveals details of her forthcoming CD, which also includes an appearance by "Idol" alum Erika Van Pelt.
It's been a year since American Idol's Elise Testone rocked audiences every night belting Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love" on the summer tour, but this week fans got big news about the singer's forthcoming debut CD.
"One song, I’m really happy to announce, that Darius Rucker agreed to sing as a duet. When I heard his voice on it, and I realized I wrote it, and how hard I’ve worked on this journey," she said in an interview with Fox Morning News, Myrtle Beach. "Every time I hear it, I can’t stop crying."
The season 11 alum's independently produced CD, In This Life, consists of 12 original songs incorporating various styles that are all tied together with what she describes as a “soulful, bluesy essence.” The record will also include a bonus for Idol fans with an appearance by AI songstress Erika Van Pelt.
Testone is hitting the road for some dates this summer. The South Carolina-based singer will return to her New Jersey roots on July 29 for a show at The Saint in Asbury Park.
Watch the interview below and a clip of Testone from last summer's tour.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Gabrielle Union Says 'The World Isn't Going To End' If We See More Diversity In Women On TV
- Shantel VanSanten Lounges Poolside In A Cutout Swimsuit For Maxim
- Jimmy Kimmel Proves People Can't Tell The Difference Between Cold-Pressed Juice And Tang
- David Oyelowo Comes To Benedict Cumberbatch's Defense Over 'Colored' Comment
- Channing Tatum Carries Mila Kunis Away in New 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer (Exclusive)
- Brie Larson & Rosemarie DeWitt Are 'Digging For Fire' at Sundance!
- Tye Sheridan & Olivia Thirlby Premiere 'Stanford Prison Experiment' at Sundance 2015
- Patrick J. Adams Opens Up About Fiance Troian Bellisario's Guest-Starring Role on 'Suits' (JJ Interview)