'American Idol': Erika Van Pelt Gets a Kris Jenner Haircut (Video)
The season-11 finalist sports a makeover, courtesy of new "image consultant" Tommy Hilfiger, and the result is eerily reminiscent of the Kardashian matriarch's cropped 'do.
Erika Van Pelt's makeover is quickly becoming the stuff of American Idol legend.
"Not since the Sanjaya ponyhawk have we seen such a transformation with hair!" declared Ryan Seacrest on Wednesday's performance show, where Van Pelt debuted her dramatic, darker new look.
The big-voiced singer, 26, who wowed with her rendition of "New York State Of Mind" on Billy Joel night, also drew praise for her haircut from judges Steven Tyler, Randy Jackson and Jennifer Lopez, noting the finalist's "Pat Benatar vibe."
Really, J-Lo? Because not only is Van Pelt's 'do a marked improvement, but it appears inspired by Kris Jenner -- not Benatar. The reality mom the world loves to hate. The keeper of the Kardashian empire. The sugar-coated Svengali. (Oh yes, we could go on.)
Blame -- or credit -- new image consultant Tommy Hilfiger. The designer suggested Van Pelt lose her red-streaked blonde locks and go shorter. Van Pelt, a fan of pixie-haired singer Pink, was more than game.
Check out the footage of her headline-making Idol makeover below, courtesy of E!:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Frank Ocean Just Released A New Song Called 'Memrise'
- Patti Smith's 'O Holy Night' Performed At 2013 Vatican Christmas Concert Is The Only Carol You Need
- Binge Watch Your Home Decorating Angst Away With These Thanksgiving TV Marathons
- Celebrities Instagram Their Thanksgiving Meals Just As Much As You Do
- Leslie Bibb Gets Dolled Up for 'Take Care' New York Screening with Thomas Sadoski!
- Prince William & Duchess Kate Are Huge 'Homeland' Fans, Says Damian Lewis
- Dwayne Johnson Starts Filming New HBO Comedy 'Ballers'!
- Eddie Redmayne Gets Interviewed by BFF Andrew Garfield for 'Gotham' Magazine Cover Story