'American Idol's' Final 3: Performance Night Songs Revealed
The remaining contenders will take on songs by John Lennon, Aerosmith, Mariah Carey and Bob Seger.
Tonight is the most important performance night show for the remaining top three American Idol hopefuls, and musical director Ray Chew continues a Wednesday afternoon tradition by revealing the leaked song list.
On the menu for Idol's pentultimate performance episode are songs selected by the judges, Interscope Executive Jimmy Iovine, and the Idol's themselves. The list is impressive, with several degrees of difficulty, as the final three are challenged with selections by Mariah Carey, the Jackson 5, Aerosmith, John Lennon, and season 11 mentor, Mary J. Blige.
It will be interesting to see who is tasked with the unenviable job of performing “I Don’t Want to Miss A Thing” in front of the man who slayed it on record -- judge Steven Tyler -- especially since Aerosmith will appear on next week’s finale.
Additionally, Carey’s “My All” seems like a perfect fit for Idol’s resident dream girl, Jessica Sanchez. (We wonder if Carey's ex-husband and current Sanchez fan Tommy Motolla influenced that pick?) The Jackson 5's iconic ballad "I'll Be There" -- also covered by Carey -- is on the list, as well. Performing this would be a no-brainer for Sanchez, as it has youthful appeal, plus those big notes and vocal runs that the teen can do in her sleep.
It is exciting to see the hip-hop artist Madcon, and their version of “Beggin’,” also featured on the list. The song has early roots, originally sung by The Four Seasons in 1967, and is smooth with an intense groove. It could be easily handled by Phillip Phillips.
Speaking of sexy songs, will Phillips be the one to seduce the audience with Bob Seger's pleading "We've Got Tonight"? We can only hope.
Then there's the man who could sing the phone book, Joshua Ledet. Can’t you picture him taking the audience to the heavens with Blige’s “No More Drama,” complete with a choir? Ditto for Lennon's secular "Imagine." It's easy, if you try.
Who will do what, Worshippers? Here is the list:
Jackson 5 “I’ll Be There”
Matchbox 20 “Disease”
Etta James “I’d Rather Go Blind”
Bob Seger “We’ve Got Tonight”
Mariah Carey “My All”
Aerosmith “I Don’t Want to Miss A Thing”
John Lennon “Imagine”
Mary J. Blige “No More Drama”
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!