'American Idol' Finale: The 10 Best Performances (Video)
Steven Tyler, Jennifer Lopez and husband Marc Anthony, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, U2's Bono and the Edge and top two finalists Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina were among those performing on Wednesday's finale.
With a performance lineup as star-studded as any award show, the American Idol Season 10 finale boasted plenty of buzzworthy moments besides the crowning of its new winner, Scotty McCreery. Everyone from Beyoncé and Lady Gaga to Carrie Underwood and the Idol judges themselves hit the stage -- here were the 10 numbers that kept people watching.
1) Scotty McCreery, "I Love You This Big"
Yes, it's got a cheesy title and even cheesier lyrics, but you couldn't help but be moved watching McCreery get choked up while he sang his debut single (and now, coronation song), "I Love You This Big." The best part though: Jack Black's jilted look when he didn't get a hug. Sorry, Jack -- those are reserved for the McCreery clan.
2) Steven Tyler, "Dream On"
It was the performance we've been waiting for all season. Steven Tyler took a break from his zany judging of the Idol hopefuls to finally do a little singing himself, with a rendition of Aerosmith's "Dream On" that may have been truncated and sans Joe Perry and the rest of Aerosmith, but still rocked enough to close the show.
3) Beyoncé, "1+1"
After joining the Top 13 girls for a medley of her hits, Billboard Millennium Award-winner Beyoncé returned to debut a brand new song from her upcoming album, 4 -- "1+1," a sweeping soul ballad that featured plenty unbelievable runs and and talk of making love.
4) Lady Gaga, "The Edge of Glory"
Lady Gaga channeled Bruce Springsteen and sang the latest single from her just-released Born This Way album from atop a massive rock formation that took over the stage. The performance ended on a high note, with Gaga and her preferred dancer (of "So You Think You Can Dance" fame) jumping off the precipice and disappearing below -- hopefully onto a mattress.
5) Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lopez, "Aguanile"
The Latin superstar dug up a salsa classic that's become a hit of his own, thanks to his role in the Hector Lavoe biopic "El Cantante." It didn't hurt that he had the legendary Sheila E. on the timbales and the "Most Beautiful Woman," wife and "Idol" judge Jennifer Lopez, shaking her famous booty like nobody's business.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!