'American Idol' Finale: Adam Lambert and Angie Miller to Duet
The season eight runner-up will team up with this year's frontrunner on the May 16 show closer, a source tells THR.
With the American Idol season 12 finale just over a week away, the lineup for the grandest of results episodes is coming together.
As The Hollywood Reporter previously reported, several alums of the Fox show have been asked back, including season three finalist Jennifer Hudson and season eight runner-up Adam Lambert. The former, who despite coming in seventh on the show, won an Oscar in 2006, has yet to commit to the May 16 event, but glam-rocker Lambert, THR has learned, will duet with finalist Angie Miller.
Other pairings booked so far include country group The Band Perry, who will sing with fifth-place finalist Janelle Arthur, and Frankie Valli, set to accompany the top 5 guys.
Jennifer Lopez is also slated to perform on the show, according to multiple sources.
The two-night finale goes down live from Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre on May 15 and 16. The three remaining finalists -- Miller, Kree Harrison and Candice Glover -- will each perform three songs on Wednesday's show.
A rep for Lambert could not be reached. Fox would not comment.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Arthur Miller's A View From the Bridge; A Masterfully Presented Classic at Seattle Rep
- Seattle Public Theater's Bad Jews; An Entertaining & Intriguing Look at Modern Religion & Tradition
- 7 Studio Jobs That Can Get Screenwriters Closer to Their Dreams
- Sandra Bullock Shares Concerns For Raising Black Son
- Rosie O'Donnell's Daughter Chelsea Breaks Her Silence About Running Away in Revealing Interview
- Jim Carrey's Girlfriend Cathriona White Married to Mark Burton at Time of Her Death
- Morena Baccarin Displays Her Tiny Baby Bump After Announcing Pregnancy News
- ABC Family to Be Called 'Freeform' Staring January 2016