'American Idol' Finalist Jason Castro Expecting Daughter
This is the first child for the musician and his wife.
American Idol season 7 contestant Jason Castro is getting ready for fatherhood.
The dreadlocked singer, 24, announced on his website Friday that he and wife Mandy Mayhall, 23, are expecting a daughter together.
"I am excited to announce that there will be a new addition to the Castro family!" he wrote. "My wife and I are expecting our first child this August. We just found out yesterday that it is going to be a girl!"
He also posted a photo of Mayhall's sonogram with the caption "Baby Castro!!"
Castro placed finished in fourth place during his Idol run. His moving performance of "Hallelujah" quickly made him a fan favorite. He released his debut album last year.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- The One Part Of 'Wild' That Still Makes Cheryl Strayed Wince
- Why Harry Styles' 'Not That Important' Is Massively Important
- A Cartoon Classic 30 Years in the Making: Hour of the Wolf Movie Review of The King and the Mockingbird
- My Chat With Valerie Harper Revealed That She Can Also Turn the World On With Her Smile
- Eddie Redmayne Goes In Depth About 'Theory of Everything' on 'Late Night' - Watch Here!
- Lana Del Rey Is Raped By Eli Roth in Violent Short Film Also Starring Marilyn Manson (NSFW)
- Gisele Bundchen Hits Washington In Style for UNEP's Earth Award Ceremony 2014!
- Brad Pitt Will Produce Sci-Fi Thriller 'Alpha'!