'American Idol': No Doubt's Gwen Stefani, Tony Kanal to Mentor Top 8 (Exclusive)
Two of the Grammy-winning band's four members will help the finalists on '80s week -- an appropriate fit considering No Doubt had a hit in 2003 with a song from 1985, Talk Talk's "It's My Life."
Half of No Doubt will appear on American Idol's next week as singer Gwen Stefani and bassist Tony Kanal will mentor the remaining finalists, The theme: '80s night, which is a perfect fit for the Orange County-bred band, who were not only teenagers during the decade but had a Top 10 single in 2003 with a cover of Talk Talk's 1985 hit, "It's My Life."
No Doubt is signed to Interscope, the label headed by Idol perma-mentor Jimmy Iovine. Stefani has appeared on Idol before, perhaps most memorably styling the season 10 contestants last year in her own L.A.M.B. line.
Tune in to Fox on Wednesday to see how the Top 8 fare.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Listen to a Soulful, Previously Unreleased Track From Chance the Rapper and Donnie Trumpet
- Moviegoers Don’t Follow Alice Down the Rabbit Hole While X-Men: Apocalypse Does Damage at the Box Office
- John Carpenter Has Some Choice Words About Friday The 13th, Specifically, ‘It Just Doesn’t Rise Above Its Cheapness’
- Jesse Eisenberg Discusses Lex Luthor’s Return in Justice League, Risks Being ‘Picked Off’ By DC’s Killer Drones
- Celebrities React to Harambe the Gorilla Shooting at Cincinnati Zoo After Child Enters Enclosure - Read the Tweets
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares New Photo of Kids Apple & Moses All Grown Up!
- Liam Hemsworth Arrives in Sydney After 'August Man' Cover Reveal
- Louis Tomlinson & Danielle Campbell Attend F1 Grand Prix