'American Idol': No Doubt's Gwen Stefani, Tony Kanal to Mentor Top 8 (Exclusive)
Two of the Grammy-winning band's four members will help the finalists on '80s week -- an appropriate fit considering No Doubt had a hit in 2003 with a song from 1985, Talk Talk's "It's My Life."
Half of No Doubt will appear on American Idol's next week as singer Gwen Stefani and bassist Tony Kanal will mentor the remaining finalists, The theme: '80s night, which is a perfect fit for the Orange County-bred band, who were not only teenagers during the decade but had a Top 10 single in 2003 with a cover of Talk Talk's 1985 hit, "It's My Life."
No Doubt is signed to Interscope, the label headed by Idol perma-mentor Jimmy Iovine. Stefani has appeared on Idol before, perhaps most memorably styling the season 10 contestants last year in her own L.A.M.B. line.
Tune in to Fox on Wednesday to see how the Top 8 fare.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Saturday Night Live Recap: Melissa McCarthy is a Comedic Pick-Up Artist
- Deadpool Slaughters Superhero Tropes, Box Office Records, and Hearts on Valentine's Day Weekend
- Man, Justin Timberlake Sure Does the Carlton a Lot Now
- The Writers Guild of America Loves Mad Men and Mr. Robot, But Isn't About to Give You Clarity on the Oscars Race
- Watch Justin Timberlake Do 'The Carlton Dance' With Alfonso Ribeiro on The Golf Course!
- 'Deadpool' Smashes Box Office Records With $135 Million Gross Over Valentine's Day Weekend
- Alicia Vikander & Michael Fassbender Attend Pre-BAFTAs Dinner
- Jaime King Says Kanye West Rap About Taylor Swift 'Really Hurt'