'American Idol': No Doubt's Gwen Stefani, Tony Kanal to Mentor Top 8 (Exclusive)
Two of the Grammy-winning band's four members will help the finalists on '80s week -- an appropriate fit considering No Doubt had a hit in 2003 with a song from 1985, Talk Talk's "It's My Life."
Half of No Doubt will appear on American Idol's next week as singer Gwen Stefani and bassist Tony Kanal will mentor the remaining finalists, The theme: '80s night, which is a perfect fit for the Orange County-bred band, who were not only teenagers during the decade but had a Top 10 single in 2003 with a cover of Talk Talk's 1985 hit, "It's My Life."
No Doubt is signed to Interscope, the label headed by Idol perma-mentor Jimmy Iovine. Stefani has appeared on Idol before, perhaps most memorably styling the season 10 contestants last year in her own L.A.M.B. line.
Tune in to Fox on Wednesday to see how the Top 8 fare.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Veep's Peter MacNicol Stripped of Guest Actor Emmy Nomination for Appearing in Too Many Episodes
- Margot Robbie to Produce and Star in Adaptation of the Book Bad Monkeys
- Legendary Entertainment Will Fulfill Your Pokémon Go Big Screen Dreams
- The The Divergent Series: Ascendant Is So Divergent It Will Skip Theaters and Premiere on TV
- Anne Hathaway Writes Sweet Tribute to 'Princess Diaries' Director Garry Marshall
- Nicollette Sheridan Files For Divorce After Secretly Marrying Aaron Phypers Six Months Ago
- Rita Ora Shares a Sexy Pic From Her Shoot with 'Vogue Spain'!
- Teresa Palmer Gets Support From Hubby Mark Webber At 'Light's Out' Premeire!