'American Idol's' Haley Reinhart And Casey Abrams to Perform at Carnegie Hall (Video)
The Season 10 finalists will join Irvin Mayfield and the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra for a special celebration of music Oct. 8.
Jazz soulmates Haley Reinhart and Casey Abrams will make the leap from the American Idol stage to the prestigious Carnegie Hall this fall.
The Season 10 finalists were invited to participate in a musical showcase with Grammy-winning artist Irvin Mayfield and the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra Oct. 8. In addition to the 18-person big band orchestra and Mayfield, the night will feature jazz vocalist Dee Dee Bridgewater, the acclaimed Sphinx Virtuosi and other special guests.
The orchestra is celebrating its 10th year in music, and Reinhart told THR that she is honored by the invitation, which came after an impromptu performance with the jazz legend in New Orleans.
"It is remarkable how one experience can lead you to another," said Reinhart, who recently made history as the first American Idol finalist to perform at Lollapalooza. "If you're ever questioning whether or not you should do something spontaneous, I highly suggest you go for it. One late night in a New Orleans jazz club has now led me to the ever so honorable Carnegie Hall. Irvin Mayfield is an amazing musician and great hearted person. I'm so privileged he made me a part of his big night."
Check out video of Reinhart and Mayfield's collaboration on "God Bless The Child" below.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar And Selma Blair Had The Best 'Cruel Intentions' Reunion
- Cabaret: Betty Buckley Shines A (Ghost) Light At Joe's Pub
- 'Kung Fury' Released On YouTube In All Its '80s-Inspired Glory
- Mariah Carey Slams 'American Idol' As 'Fake,' Calls It The 'Worst Experience' Of Her Life
- 'Entourage' Cast & Creator Doug Ellin Are Not Worried About Critics: 'We Were A Very Critically Acclaimed Show'
- Chace Crawford Hits Up Hugo's For Lunch After Memorial Day Getaway
- Emmanuelle Chriqui & Zendaya Hit Up The Reveal Of The Penthouse Inspired by Vivienne Westwood
- Rita Ora Keeps Smiling After A$AP Rocky's 'Better Things' Song Diss