Haley Reinhart Hits Hard Rock on Album Release Eve (Video)
The "American Idol" season 10 finalist previewed songs from her debut "Listen Up!" to a crowd that included fellow alum Casey Abrams.
American Idol season 10 finalist Haley Reinhart took the stage at Hollywood’s Hard Rock Café on Monday night for a short but sweet set to officially kick off her album release. After all, Listen Up!, her much anticipated debut, arrives to retailers on May 22.
Wearing a form-fitting black dress with rainbow accents, Reinhart treated fans -- and fellow Season 10 musical soul-mate Casey Abrams -- to a sampling of new material along with memorable covers from her Idol season.
Opening with the torch song “Wasted Tears,” Reinhart segued into her current single “Free,” which she proudly announced is doing well on iTunes.
The smoky-voiced Chicago area native is a luminous presence even in a darkened club on Hollywood Blvd., steps away from where Idol's Hollywood Week has traditionally been held. Reinhart's soulful rendition of The Animals' classic “House of the Rising Sun” was just as powerful as it sounded from the Idol stage, and a performance of The Beatles' “Oh, Darling” had all the grit of a ‘1970s jam session.
One noticeable omission: The sexy lead-off track from the new record, “Oh My!" Reinhart's explanation? It's not quite ready for primetime, she told The Hollywood Reporter.
Watch Reinhart's Hard Rock performance of "Free" below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Beat Bugs Trailer: Netflix’s New Animated Kids Series Features a Ton of Beatles Covers Your Kids Won’t Know Are Covers
- A Film Producer Is Tweeting Out Terrible Descriptions of Female Characters in Scripts
- What Shows Will Make Me Cry? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- These Deleted Scenes From Mrs. Doubtfire Will Remind You That the Movie Was Actually Deeply Sad
- Kim Kardashian Goes Sheer in New York City Ahead of Fashion Week!
- Courteney Cox, Kate Hudson & Demi Moore Help Jennifer Meyer Celebrate Superga XO Collection!
- Eva Longoria Shakes Her Booty for 'Lip Sync Battle' Performance of 'Low' - Watch Now!
- Suki Waterhouse & Karlie Kloss Launch 'Vogue 100: A Century of Style' Gallery