'American Idol's' Hollie Cavanagh: Jimmy Iovine's Comments 'Were Like a Punch in the Face' (Video)
Thursday was a rough night for the Top 4 finalist who says she "had a gut feeling" it would be her last on the "Idol" stage.
Like many American Idol hopefuls, Top 4 finalist Hollie Cavanagh says she "had a gut feeling" her journey would end on Thursday night. In fact, Hollie spent much of the day looking for signs, surveying various crew members' expressions to see if they were looking at her differently, she tells The Hollywood Reporter in a post-show interview.
Indeed, it was a rough Top 4 for the Liverpool-by-way-of-Texas 18-year-old who got a particularly harsh assessment of her performances from Interscope Records chief Jimmy Iovine that she likened to "a punch in the face."
Hear more about Hollie's last night on the Idol stage in the video above and her thoughts on the remaining three -- Joshua Ledet, Phillip Phillips and Jessica Sanchez -- below.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- The Fantastic Four Movie Seems Really Good All of a Sudden
- Vacation’s Chevy Chase and Beverly D’Angelo to Reunite for a Pilot With a Very Silly Name
- Frozen Duo Writing a Song for Neil Patrick Harris to Sing at the Oscars
- Sundance: Watch Robert Redford and Nick Nolte Get Ready to Hike in A Walk in the Woods
- Mandy Moore Hinted at the Ryan Adams Split Before News Broke
- Former Hollywood Executive Cindra Ladd Accuses Bill Cosby of Rape in Powerful Essay