'American Idol's' Hollie Cavanagh: Jimmy Iovine's Comments 'Were Like a Punch in the Face' (Video)
Thursday was a rough night for the Top 4 finalist who says she "had a gut feeling" it would be her last on the "Idol" stage.
Like many American Idol hopefuls, Top 4 finalist Hollie Cavanagh says she "had a gut feeling" her journey would end on Thursday night. In fact, Hollie spent much of the day looking for signs, surveying various crew members' expressions to see if they were looking at her differently, she tells The Hollywood Reporter in a post-show interview.
Indeed, it was a rough Top 4 for the Liverpool-by-way-of-Texas 18-year-old who got a particularly harsh assessment of her performances from Interscope Records chief Jimmy Iovine that she likened to "a punch in the face."
Hear more about Hollie's last night on the Idol stage in the video above and her thoughts on the remaining three -- Joshua Ledet, Phillip Phillips and Jessica Sanchez -- below.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- David Lynch Thinks No One Will Ever Agree on What Eraserhead Is About
- Report: 7 More Actresses Are Being Considered for True Detective Lead
- My Father Was James Brown. I Watched Him Beat My Mother. And Then I Found Myself With Someone Like Dad.
- Abbi and Ilana Talk Cereal in This World Premiere of Their Web Series Hack Into Broad City
- Geoff Stults & Colin Egglesfield Go Shirtless at Nautica Triathlon!
- Lady Gaga Celebrates The Late Paul Horn with 'Nature Boy' Tony Bennett Duet - Listen Now!
- Kristen Bell & Husband Dax Shephard Look Perfect Together at 'This Is Where I Leave You' Premiere
- Rihanna Slams CBS For Pulling Her Song From Thursday Night Football Intro