'American Idol's' Hollie Cavanagh: Jimmy Iovine's Comments 'Were Like a Punch in the Face' (Video)
Thursday was a rough night for the Top 4 finalist who says she "had a gut feeling" it would be her last on the "Idol" stage.
Like many American Idol hopefuls, Top 4 finalist Hollie Cavanagh says she "had a gut feeling" her journey would end on Thursday night. In fact, Hollie spent much of the day looking for signs, surveying various crew members' expressions to see if they were looking at her differently, she tells The Hollywood Reporter in a post-show interview.
Indeed, it was a rough Top 4 for the Liverpool-by-way-of-Texas 18-year-old who got a particularly harsh assessment of her performances from Interscope Records chief Jimmy Iovine that she likened to "a punch in the face."
Hear more about Hollie's last night on the Idol stage in the video above and her thoughts on the remaining three -- Joshua Ledet, Phillip Phillips and Jessica Sanchez -- below.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Netflix Wants Cary Fukunaga’s Beasts of No Nation, Starring Idris Elba
- Lorne Michaels Is Bringing Saturday Night Live to China
- Woman Accuses Bill Cosby of Raping Her Twice
- This Cut Saturday Night Live Fifty Shades of Grey Parody Answers the Question, ‘How Many Contractors Does It Take to Install a Sex Swing?’
- Jimmy Kimmel Takes On Anti-Vaxxers in Hilarious Sketch - Watch Now!
- People Behind 'The Dress' Divulge All the Details of What Happened on 'Ellen' - Watch Now!
- Hilary Duff on Life After Divorce: 'I Don't Know if People Are Meant to Be Together Forever'
- Carrie Underwood & Husband Mike Fisher Welcome Baby Boy Isaiah Michael!