'American Idol': Hollie Cavanagh Reveals Album Plans for New Year
The 19-year-old Liverpool pop singer talks about her songwriting aspirations, making the move from Texas to Los Angeles, and a possible future at Disney.
Fans of American Idol season 11 alum Hollie Cavanagh may have a new album to look forward to in 2013.
Cavanagh returned to her hometown, Liverpool, England, for the holidays and sat down for an interview with the Liverpool Echo, where she revealed her plans to move to Los Angeles and record an album. She is also on the hunt for a label, she said.
Cavanagh said she enlisted the help of Nathan Porter, who worked on American Idol during her season, and inquired about songwriters that she could work with for her record.
“It’s all about finding the right song,” she said. “I’m working on writing my own songs and I’m trying to put my own stamp on it.”
She also said she has high hopes that a move to Los Angeles will provide a more productive creative environment than her current home in McKinney, Texas, where she has lived for the past 10 years.
"There’s not a lot to do where I am.” she says. “But in L.A. there are labels and writers I can work with, so I’m excited about moving.”
Holliepops will be thrilled to know that Cavanagh is planning a pop album, but also wants to try ballads in the vein of current Idol judge Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera and the departed Whitney Houston.
"Those ballads don’t sell as much as they did when they made them so I want to do pop songs," she said. "But there will still be ballads on there as well.”
Cavanagh additionally spoke of acting aspirations, revealing that she took acting classes and auditioned for Disney.
The 19-year-old fourth-place finisher said she looked back on her Idol season fondly.
"The thing with Idol is you get your 15 minutes of fame," she said of the tour, which was "fun."
"For a lot of artists it takes them a while to get there, but we were put onstage in sold-out arenas," she said. "After the show and the tour, [the] real hard work kicks in."
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- 'The Magnificent Seven' Shoots Straight To Top Of The Box Office With $35 Million Debut
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Isaiah Washington Urges All African-Americans To Boycott Work
- The Cast Of 'Will & Grace' Reunited And It Was Almost Too Adorable To Handle
- Arrest Made After Reported Hacking Of Pippa Middleton's Photos
- The Magnificent Seven Performed Magnificently at the Box Office This Weekend
- Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon Talks Beyoncé, Pepsi and Corporate Partnerships: ‘You Have to Believe in Something’
- The Nirvana Nevermind Baby Recreated the Famous Cover and He Looks Exactly the Same (No, Not Really, He Got Older)
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Joins Weird Al Yankovic to Sing ‘Yoda,’ Achieving the Much Sought After Nerd Holy Trinity