'American Idol' Homecoming With David Cook and Casey Abrams (Video)
After debuting his new single on the May 2 show, season seven winner Cook meets the press, including THR's own special correspondent (and "Idol" alum) Casey Abrams.
On Thursday night, David Cook made his sixth post-victory appearance on American Idol in just as many years, putting him in the esteemed company of fellow winners like season four's Carrie Underwood, season three's Fantasia Barrino and season one's Kelly Clarkson.
The season seven alum has self-released a new single, the rocker “Laying Me Low,” which he debuted on the May 2 elimination episode. Afterwards, Cook headed back to meet the press, including THR’s own special Idol correspondent -- and season 10 finalist -- Casey Abrams.
“They keep letting me back in the building,” cracked Cook when asked about his return to the stage that launched his music career.
Watch the video above for more post-show laughs with the two alums.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Season 2 Of 'Jessica' Jones' Will Be Directed Exclusively By Women
- Man Praises 'Luke Cage' For Showing Black Men In Hoodies Aren't Threats
- Come get to Know JAIN as she Talks About the French Grammys and Life as a Traveling Artist
- Justin Bieber Walked Offstage Mid-Concert Because Fans Wouldn't Stop Screaming
- Jay Z Will Reportedly Perform in Ohio to Get Black People to Vote for Hillary Clinton
- We Regret to Inform You That There's a Video for the Chainsmokers and Halsey's 'Closer'
- Watch Justin Bieber Storm Offstage After Angry Outburst at His Fans
- Netflix Is Adding $800 Million in Debt to Invest in Original Content; That’s More Than Enough for Three More Bloodlines!