'American Idol': James Durbin Announces New Single
The season 10 fourth-place finisher will release his sophomore album in April.
The official release of American Idol season 10 alum Jame Durbin’s sophomore album may be five months away, but fans will get a taste of new music just in time for Thanksgiving.
The rocker is set to release his new single, “Parachute,” on Nov. 22. A lyric video for “Parachute” is also scheduled to debut in December on James’ VEVO at his YouTube channel. A full CD release will follow on April 8, 2014.
“Parachute was the tenth song I wrote for the new album and as soon as we finished in the studio I knew it had to be the first single,” said Durbin. “I can’t wait for everyone to hear it.”
The 24-year old Santa Cruz, Calif. native is also confirmed to attend the Nov. 24 American Music Awards red carpet pre-show where he will debut an exclusive video clip featuring “Parachute” and reveal details about the record at 5 p.m. EST.
Durbin co-wrote 10 of the albums 11 tracks and is putting the finishing touches on the 2014 release with producer Scott Stevens.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- You Can Stock Your Bar With Whiskey Glasses Don Draper Actually Used
- Watch Jay Pharoah Imitate Eddie Murphy, Kevin Hart And Stewie Griffin
- Will Descendants become the Disney Channel's next big franchise? Kenny Ortega sure hopes that it does
- Jon Stewart: Donald Trump Is Exactly The Opposite Of What The GOP Was Looking For
- Before You Leave Town for the Weekend, Gaze in Horror at This Summer-Traffic Composite
- The End of the Tour Is Like Spending Two Hours With David Foster Wallace
- Read How Martin Luther King Jr. Affected Star Trek and Nichelle Nichols’s Career
- Rock Series From Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger Finally Gets Its Name