'American Idol': James Durbin Announces New Single
The season 10 fourth-place finisher will release his sophomore album in April.
The official release of American Idol season 10 alum Jame Durbin’s sophomore album may be five months away, but fans will get a taste of new music just in time for Thanksgiving.
The rocker is set to release his new single, “Parachute,” on Nov. 22. A lyric video for “Parachute” is also scheduled to debut in December on James’ VEVO at his YouTube channel. A full CD release will follow on April 8, 2014.
“Parachute was the tenth song I wrote for the new album and as soon as we finished in the studio I knew it had to be the first single,” said Durbin. “I can’t wait for everyone to hear it.”
The 24-year old Santa Cruz, Calif. native is also confirmed to attend the Nov. 24 American Music Awards red carpet pre-show where he will debut an exclusive video clip featuring “Parachute” and reveal details about the record at 5 p.m. EST.
Durbin co-wrote 10 of the albums 11 tracks and is putting the finishing touches on the 2014 release with producer Scott Stevens.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Sleepy Hollow Recap: Mirror, Mirror
- Hold on to Your Fedoras: Bruno Mars Will Perform With Beyoncé and Coldplay at Super Bowl 50
- Jennifer Lopez Will Have to Magically Find More Time in Her Schedule for Shades of Blue Season 2
- Martin Is Not Happy Kurt Russell Smashed Its Priceless Antique Guitar in Hateful Eight
- Former 'Survivor' Contestant Mike Skupin Arrested for Possession of Child Pornography
- Kerry Washington & Viola Davis Represent Outstanding Actresses at the NAACP Image Awards 2016
- Rebel Wilson Wants Justin Bieber To Be Her Valentine
- Giacomo Gianniotti Attends Screening of Denzel Washington-Directed 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode