'American Idol' Contestant Jermaine Jones Disqualified From Competition
UPDATED: Jones was disqualified for concealing “multiple crimes” and is expected to exit the show during Wednesday’s broadcast.
Jermaine Jones has been disqualified from further participation on American Idol after it was discovered that he concealed "multiple crimes," TMZ reports.
Jones announced his departure on Twitter, tweeting, "Awww I will no longer b on the show."
Jones was reportedly charged with two crimes in 2011, one involving violence. In both arrests, Jones gave a fake name to police. He additionally did not reveal to producers that he has outstanding warrants.
Jones departure will pan out in dramatic fashion on Wednesday night's broadcast.
Fox had no comment.
Later on the night of March 13, Jones' Twitter account was deleted.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Meek Mill Returns With More Drake Disses — Yes, Really — on Another 'All the Way Up' Remix
- Rose Byrne, Seth Rogen Do Sidewalk Lion King Musical With James Corden; Rogen Absolutely Nails His Role as 'The Moon'
- 1 Dead, at Least 3 More Injured After Shooting at T.I. Concert [Updated]
- The Americans Recap: One Tough Mother
- Karlie Kloss Shines With 'Swaroski' at the Top of the Rock
- The Weeknd Cancels 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' Performance Due to Donald Trump Appearance
- Claire Danes & Rupert Friend Attend 'Homeland' Emmy Event
- Hacker Pleads Guilty to Stealing Private Photos From Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, & More Celebrities