'American Idol' Contestant Jermaine Jones Disqualified From Competition
UPDATED: Jones was disqualified for concealing “multiple crimes” and is expected to exit the show during Wednesday’s broadcast.
Jermaine Jones has been disqualified from further participation on American Idol after it was discovered that he concealed "multiple crimes," TMZ reports.
Jones announced his departure on Twitter, tweeting, "Awww I will no longer b on the show."
Jones was reportedly charged with two crimes in 2011, one involving violence. In both arrests, Jones gave a fake name to police. He additionally did not reveal to producers that he has outstanding warrants.
Jones departure will pan out in dramatic fashion on Wednesday night's broadcast.
Fox had no comment.
Later on the night of March 13, Jones' Twitter account was deleted.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Before 'Game Of Thrones,' Pedro Pascal Was Getting His Ass Kicked On 'Buffy'
- Drew Barrymore Adds Fragrances To Flower Beauty Collection Making Us All Smell Better
- Guy Covers Every Single Part Of 'Prince Ali' From 'Aladdin'
- The Dumbest But Also Greatest Lyrics From Destiny's Child's 'Writings On The Wall'
- Orange Is the New Black’s Barbara Rosenblat on Playing Miss Rosa and Being ‘the Meryl Streep of Audiobooks’
- Why Are Movies the Only Kind of Entertainment We Still Have to Wait Around For?
- 7 Times Vin Diesel Gave a Wooden Performance (Before He Played a Tree in Guardians of the Galaxy)
- Chris Messina Is a Huge Cheater in This New Sam Smith Video
- Cate Blanchett Desperately Wanted to Play a Dwarf & Wear a Beard
- Katy Perry Sang for the President & First Lady Last Night at the White House!
- Kerry Washington & Jimmy Kimmel Bond Over Their Newborn Baby Girls!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Opens Huge, Scores Biggest Thursday Evening Opening of the Year!