'American Idol': Pop Power Couple Jordin Sparks and Jason Derulo Bet on Who Will Win
Will Jessica Sanchez or Phillip Phillips take the "Idol" crown? The season 6 winner and her pop-R&B star boyfriend are divided on the final two.
One-half of pop power couple Jason Derulo and Jordin Sparks may find him- or herself sleeping on the couch tomorrow night.
After American Idol’s finale performance show on Tuesday, Derulo revealed that he is a Jessica Sanchez fan and Sparks, who won season 6 of Idol, is rooting for Phillip Phillips.
“We have a bet,” he told reporters after the show. “If she wins, I have to cook her a nice meal.” Doesn’t sound so challenging, unless you’re Jason Derulo. “I can't even cook a hot dog, let alone an actual meal,” he cracked.
And if Sanchez -- and by proxy Derulo -- wins? “Jordin has to give me a 10-minute foot massage,” he said. “And she hates feet.”
Derulo was a semi-regular presence on Idol this season thanks to Coca-Cola’s “Perfect Harmony” program, which asked fans of the show to help Derulo complete the song “Undefeated.”
He performed the completed number on Idol’s Tuesday's show, but said afterwards that he didn’t get to see the rest of the Sanchez-Phillips showdown.
The two finalists sang three songs each on Tuesday's show, including their own individual coronation numbers.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Old Dogs & New Tricks: The Oral History of a 'Gay' Web Series (Part 2)
- Steven Tyler Wails 'Dream On' In Maui Like It's 1973
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Looks Back At This Season's Earliest TV Cancellations
- Remembering Mike Nichols, His Insight and His Introduction to Jacqueline Kennedy at El Morocco
- Emily Ratajkowski Shows Off Her Long Legs at Golden Globes Award Season Celebration
- Michelle Monaghan & James Marsden Have a 'Best of Me' Reunion at Golden Globe Award Season Celebration
- Hilary Duff Reveals Why She Supports March of Dimes
- Nikki Reed Celebrates The Golden Globes With Amanda Crew & Gina Rodriguez