'American Idol' Finalist Joshua Ledet Meets Michelle Obama (Video)
The third-place finisher is making the rounds in New York City, where he posed for a photo with the First Lady.
During Joshua Ledet’s American Idol hometown visit, the season 11 finalist giddily exclaimed: "People are acting like I'm Barack Obama!"
Ledet got a chance to stand in for President Obama in New York City on Wednesday morning when he met First Lady Michelle Obama on a media stop backstage at Live! With Kelly. The 20-year-old Louisiana native tweeted a picture to his followers immediately after their photo op.
Ledet, who placed third on this year's Idol behind winner Phillip Phillips and runner-up Jessica Sanchez, entertained Kelly Ripa's studio audience with an impassioned encore of James Brown's “It’s a Man’s, Man’s, Man’s World."
"I don’t think America sees how much it means to me," he said of his Idol run. "I think they thought I was bummed I went home in third, but I was actually excited and happy that I made it that far."
Ledet is making the most out of his New York trip. The charitable preacher’s son visited a children’s hospital, and tweeted that he “saw some very special kids! Love them all!” He also squeezed in some time to see a Broadway Show – Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark – and jumped on stage at Birdland jazz club this week for an impromptu performance backed by Idol's music director Michael Orland.
Watch Ledet’s performance on Live! With Kelly below.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Julianne Hough Snaps Selfies With Former DWTS Partner Helio Castroneves
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!