'American Idol' Finalist Joshua Ledet Meets Michelle Obama (Video)
The third-place finisher is making the rounds in New York City, where he posed for a photo with the First Lady.
During Joshua Ledet’s American Idol hometown visit, the season 11 finalist giddily exclaimed: "People are acting like I'm Barack Obama!"
Ledet got a chance to stand in for President Obama in New York City on Wednesday morning when he met First Lady Michelle Obama on a media stop backstage at Live! With Kelly. The 20-year-old Louisiana native tweeted a picture to his followers immediately after their photo op.
Ledet, who placed third on this year's Idol behind winner Phillip Phillips and runner-up Jessica Sanchez, entertained Kelly Ripa's studio audience with an impassioned encore of James Brown's “It’s a Man’s, Man’s, Man’s World."
"I don’t think America sees how much it means to me," he said of his Idol run. "I think they thought I was bummed I went home in third, but I was actually excited and happy that I made it that far."
Ledet is making the most out of his New York trip. The charitable preacher’s son visited a children’s hospital, and tweeted that he “saw some very special kids! Love them all!” He also squeezed in some time to see a Broadway Show – Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark – and jumped on stage at Birdland jazz club this week for an impromptu performance backed by Idol's music director Michael Orland.
Watch Ledet’s performance on Live! With Kelly below.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- 'Jungle Book' Continues To Rule The Box Office As 'Mother's Day' Fails To Impress
- Patton Oswalt Shares Touching Quote From 7-Year-Old Daughter After Wife's Death
- DJ Khaled Was 'Talking Mogul Talk' With Arianna Huffington At White House Correspondents' Dinner
- Kendall Jenner Was Starstruck For The 'First Time Ever' After Meeting Obama
- Radiohead Erases All Social Media and Their Website Has Faded to White; Is This an Anti-Viral Marketing Campaign?
- Ringling Bros. Circus Will Feature Performing Elephants for the Final Time Tonight
- What, You Thought Carrie Fisher Wasn't Going to Bring Her Dog, Gary Fisher, to the Correspondents' Dinner?
- Why Mark Schultz Isn't in Team Foxcatcher