'American Idol': First Official Photo of New Judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban
The three newcomers join veteran Randy Jackson on the Fox show's judging panel.
Fox on Sunday released the first official photo of the new American Idol judging panel.
The photo, which was taken on the first day of auditions for season 12, was released just hours after the network confirmed that hip-hop artist Nicki Minaj and country singer Keith Urban would join previously announced Mariah Carey on the show this season. Veteran Randy Jackson, who has been with the since it premiered, also was confirmed to return as a judge.
The photo shows Jackson sitting in his usual seat at one end, with Carey at the other end of the judges' table. Urban is sitting on Carey's immediate left, and Minaj is positioned between him and Jackson. (For the past two seasons, Jennifer Lopez sat in the middle, flanked by Steven Tyler and Jackson.)
Ryan Seacrest, also pictured, is returning as host, while Interscope Records chairman Jimmy Iovine is expected to return to provide commentary.
Auditions kicked off Sunday in New York. Other audition cities include Los Angeles, Chicago, Charlotte, N.C.., San Antonio, Baton Rouge, La., and Oklahoma City.
Idol returns in January.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes Washington Redskins Logo Wouldn't Change
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Kim Kardashian, Even Though She Literally Shares Everything
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- Oscar Pistorius Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!