'American Idol': First Official Photo of New Judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban
The three newcomers join veteran Randy Jackson on the Fox show's judging panel.
Fox on Sunday released the first official photo of the new American Idol judging panel.
The photo, which was taken on the first day of auditions for season 12, was released just hours after the network confirmed that hip-hop artist Nicki Minaj and country singer Keith Urban would join previously announced Mariah Carey on the show this season. Veteran Randy Jackson, who has been with the since it premiered, also was confirmed to return as a judge.
The photo shows Jackson sitting in his usual seat at one end, with Carey at the other end of the judges' table. Urban is sitting on Carey's immediate left, and Minaj is positioned between him and Jackson. (For the past two seasons, Jennifer Lopez sat in the middle, flanked by Steven Tyler and Jackson.)
Ryan Seacrest, also pictured, is returning as host, while Interscope Records chairman Jimmy Iovine is expected to return to provide commentary.
Auditions kicked off Sunday in New York. Other audition cities include Los Angeles, Chicago, Charlotte, N.C.., San Antonio, Baton Rouge, La., and Oklahoma City.
Idol returns in January.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Cersei's Major 'Game Of Thrones' Nude Scene Is Officially Going To Happen
- Kim Kardashian Takes Her Crop Top To The Next Level With A Deep V-Neck
- Famous Women Point Out Exactly Why Leaking Nude Photos Is So Very Wrong
- Melissa Rivers Confirms Mother Joan Is On Life Support, Thanks Fans For Their Kindness
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Jason Statham Grab Brunch in Malibu for Labor Day!
- Uma Thurman Joins Co-Stars to Premiere 'Nymphomaniac - Vol. II' at Venice Film Festival
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Hold Hands After Romantic Mexico Getaway
- Lady Gaga Reunites with Pet Pooch Asia at LAX Airport - Watch the Adorable Video!