'American Idol': Kelly Clarkson Will Not Judge Season 13
A rep for the season one winner denies reports that she's being courted for next year's panel.
Despite rampant rumors, a rep for Kelly Clarkson tells The Hollywood Reporter that the American Idol winner will not be judging season 13 of the Fox show.
It was reported by New York Magazine's Vulture blog on Wednesday that series producers are considering an all alumnae panel for next year's competition, after seeing a double digit drop in viewership for season 12, which was judged by expensive music celebrities Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj, in addition to Randy Jackson and Keith Urban. E! later reported that a three-judge table made up of alums is “95% there" and featured images of Clarkson, Clay Aiken and Jennifer Hudson.
The stories did not address comments made by country star Urban, who told reporters at the season 12 finale that he would love to return next year. Speaking to THR on the red carpet, season eight runner-up Adam Lambert also said he'd be thrilled to join the panel. He later commented, "Where do I sign?"
But according to a source, Lambert's representatives have not yet heard from Idol brass regarding a possible place on the panel. Another insider tells THR the producers' first choice is to bring Jennifer Lopez back and that will.i.am, a frequent Idol guest, both as performer and mentor, is also high on the list. However, a source close to will.i.am says it's "doubtful" the rapper-producer turned solo artist would be able to honor Idol's time commitment.
One thing is certain: Speculation as to who might fill the four (or three) seats will continue well into the summer, but typically, these decisions are not made until the show and its various partners come together on pressing matters of format changes and possibly new executive producers.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
- The Fight Over Prince’s Estate Continues to Be a Purple-Tinged Nightmare
- Bob Dylan Is Releasing a 36-Disc Set of 1966 Live Albums to Go Immediately on Your Christmas List
- Patton Oswalt Discusses Losing His Wife Michelle McNamara: ‘My ’80s Sitcom Sucks. There’s No Punch Lines.’
- Rob Kardashian Leaks Kylie Jenner's Phone Number: More Details Revealed
- Emily Blunt & John Krasinski Head to Dinner at Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux's Apartment
- Who Won Presidential Debate 2016? Experts Weigh In on Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump
- Pregnant Katherine Heigl Checks Out Husband Josh Kelley's Concert