'American Idol' Alum Kimberley Locke Wants to be the Show's New Judge
With season eight's Adam Lambert's name being floated as a judging possibility, the season two finalist Kimberley Locke asks: how about me?
The battle for the American Idol judging job continues as season two finalist Kimberley Locke is the latest name publicly lobbying for the position.
"I would love to sit in that chair and, you know, give some advice from the contestants' standpoint because I've been on that stage and I know what it's like," the former second runner-up told the Associated Press on Monday.
Locke said her experience on the show will be beneficial to future hopefuls, but said she won't back away from telling them the cold, hard truth in her critiques, adding she will "give it with no fluff."
"I'm not quite as nice as Paula (Abdul). Paula's super, super nice but I don't think I'm quite as mean as Simon (Cowell) either," she said.
Locke, who finished third behind Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken, joins a growing list of celebrities more than interested in joining the show, including the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin and season eight favorite, Adam Lambert who said he was more than willing to have a conversation with show producers about his availability for the gig.
Locke, who recently started her own label, IAM Entertainment, released a single, "Finally Free," Tuesday. She plans to release another single this year and a full album early next year.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet
- Evangeline Lilly Gets Candid About Lost, Writing, and Comic-Book Breasts