'American Idol's' Kris Allen Announces Album Title, Release Date
The season 8 winner co-wrote all the songs on "Thank You Camellia," which is due out one week after runner-up Adam Lambert's sophomore effort.
A new album by American Idol season 8 winner Kris Allen is finally arriving on May 22.
Thank You Camellia, the follow-up to his self-titled 2009 debut, features songs all co-written by Allen along with producers and songwriters Tim Pagnotta (former lead singer of Sugarcult and producer of Neon Trees' "Animal"), Curt Schneider (Augustana, Five for Fighting), Nasri and Adam Messinger, (Chris Brown, Justin Bieber), Kevin Kadish (Jason Mraz, Rob Thomas) and Boots Ottestad (Andy Grammar, Robbie Williams). According to a statement being issued today by his label RCA, Allen was also "integrally involved in the production aspect of the recording process."
The album's first single, "Vision of Love," was released on iTunes this week and in conjunction, Allen is conducting a worldwide remix contest. Pre-orders for the full-length launch today at the official Kris Allen site.
Allen's last album spawned the hit song "Live Like We're Dying," which peaked at No. 3 on Hot AC and went Top 10 at Pop radio selling over 1.7 million digital tracks. So far, "The Vision of Love" has seen similar enthusiasm from radio and is currently "most added" at Hot AC.
Upcoming performances include the “Live in the Vineyard” festival on April 13 at the Uptown Theater, in Napa, CA, where he'll join Jason Mraz, Mayer Hawthorne and Mat Kearney on the bill. Allen has previously toured with Keith Urban, Maroon 5, Barenaked Ladies, Lifehouse as well as headlining his own club tour.
Worth noting: season 8 runner-up Adam Lambert will also release his sophomore album in May, one week before Allen's.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp Recap: The Public-Urination Case of a Lifetime
- Miss Piggy and Kermit Have Also Called It Quits; the Summer of Breakups Extends to Animals
- Stonewall Trailer: Jonathan Rhys Meyers Fights for Gay Rights in Roland Emmerich’s Passion Project
- Another One Down: Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards End Their Engagement
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals the Qualities She Looks For in a Boyfriend
- Ellen Page Steps Out With Rumored Girlfriend Samantha Thomas
- Miles Teller Got to Skip the Customs Line at the Airport Because of 'Fantastic Four' Role (Video)
- Meryl Streep Got A Guitar Lesson from Neil Young for 'Ricki & The Flash'!