'American Idol' Last Words: Lazaro Arbos (Video)
The season 12 finalist says victory was not necessarily the game-plan. "My goal was to become a singer," he tells THR.
Lazaro Arbos had one headline-worthy run on American Idol season 12. Although he saw some stumbles -- forgetting the occasional lyric -- there were many more successes taht would lead him to the Top 6.
But now that his Idol journey is over, how is the 21-year-old Cuba-born contestant feeling? "I’m kind of sad," he tells The Hollywood Reporter. But not for himself, rather, "because of my mom."
Mrs. Arbos apparently wanted the win more than her son, who says his goal was simply, "to become a singer." And there were plenty of obstacles, first and foremost his stutter, which inexplicably went away in song.
Hear more of Lazaro's final thoughts in THR's "Last Words" interview, conducted moments after the results were delivered on Thursday night.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- The Cast Of 'Scandal' Looked Perfectly At Home In The Real White House
- 'Jungle Book' Continues To Rule The Box Office As 'Mother's Day' Fails To Impress
- Patton Oswalt Shares Touching Quote From 7-Year-Old Daughter After Wife's Death
- DJ Khaled Was 'Talking Mogul Talk' With Arianna Huffington At White House Correspondents' Dinner
- Terrence Malick's Voyage of Time Is Getting an Official Release After a 30-Year Production
- Female Filmmakers Have it Just as Rough in Europe as They Do in Hollywood
- Captain America Brings Freedom To Foreign Lands With $200 Million Overseas Opening
- Mads Mikkelsen Wants to See Hannibal Return Just As Much As You Do