'American Idol' Last Words: Lazaro Arbos (Video)
The season 12 finalist says victory was not necessarily the game-plan. "My goal was to become a singer," he tells THR.
Lazaro Arbos had one headline-worthy run on American Idol season 12. Although he saw some stumbles -- forgetting the occasional lyric -- there were many more successes taht would lead him to the Top 6.
But now that his Idol journey is over, how is the 21-year-old Cuba-born contestant feeling? "I’m kind of sad," he tells The Hollywood Reporter. But not for himself, rather, "because of my mom."
Mrs. Arbos apparently wanted the win more than her son, who says his goal was simply, "to become a singer." And there were plenty of obstacles, first and foremost his stutter, which inexplicably went away in song.
Hear more of Lazaro's final thoughts in THR's "Last Words" interview, conducted moments after the results were delivered on Thursday night.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Ben Affleck Casts Chris Messina to Play His Friend (Just Like You’ve Always Wanted to Do)
- The Knocks and Glee’s Alex Newell Slay the Dance Floor in Their ‘Collect My Love’ Video
- Justin Bieber Will Be on The Tonight Show for a Whole Week (Because He Knows You Need Him After a Hard Day, Baby)
- AMC Is Planning a Stand-alone Episode of Zombies on a Plane
- Dylan Penn Shares Tea Time with DJs Sama & Haya at Just Jared's 'Way Too Wonderland' Presented by Ever After High
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: I Had a Sheltered Upbringing
- Jaden Smith Makes It a Boys' Night Out at Just Jared's Wonderland Party
- Jennifer Lopez: 'Clothes Are an Expression of the Music I Create'