'American Idol' Alum Michael Lynche Welcomes a Son
The singer's wife Christa gave birth to Kingston Michael Lynche on Tuesday in New York City.
Former American Idol finalist Michael Lynche and his wife Christa are the new parents of a baby boy, named Kingston Michael Lynche.
Christa Lynche gave birth Tuesday in New York City. Little Kingston weighed in at 7.25 pounds, and joins big sister Laila Rose, who was born in January 2010 while Lynche was filming Idol's ninth season.
"The best part of life after Idol has been my wife Christa and my baby Laila getting to travel everywhere with me," Lynche told People.com. "Now that we’re adding a new little one to our family, we couldn’t be happier!"
Lynche came in fourth on the Fox contest -- Lee DeWyze was that year's champ -- and has continued on the path toward music success. The family man's debut album is set to drop in the spring through Big 3 Records, and he has continued to perform gigs on tour.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- More Than a Feeling: The Importance (and Necessity) of Pixar's Inside Out
- A 'Bachelor' Casting Call Is Pretty Much Like Being In Vegas, And NOT In A Good Way
- Carrie Underwood Covers Wiz Khalifa's 'See You Again' Like A Boss
- Comedian Kurt Braunohler Is Driving A Giant Butt Across The Country, Because America Needs This
- Rick and Morty Season 2 Trailer: It’s Probably Best If Morty Started Driving the Spaceship
- Stephen Colbert Filmed a 40-Minute Public-Access Show in a Random Small Town to Remind You That, Character or Not, He’s the Best
- Paul Rudd Can’t Resist a Good Fart Joke
- What’s a Good Post-Divorce Show? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered