'American Idol' Finalist Naima Adedapo Scores Record Deal
The season 10 finalist has signed with Peak Records, an imprint of eOne Music, label home to Sinead O'Connor, Juvenile and Fat Joe.
American Idol's Naima Adedapo is the latest Season 10 finalist to sign a recording contract.
Peak Records, an imprint of eOne Music (home to Sinead O'Connor, Juvenile and Fat Joe, among other rap, pop and country acts), is set to release her debut album later this year with a 3-song EP, produced by Warryn Campbell (Mary Mary, Kanye West, Trey Songz, Musiq Soulchild and Brandy) due out in March.
Says Andi Howard, President of Peak Records, in a statement: "We are extremely excited about signing Naima. I fell in love with her from the moment I saw her audition on Idol, She is a multi-talented beautiful artist."
“I feel very blessed to be beginning this journey of music with Peak Records," Adedapo adds. "Andi had faith in my artistry from the first time she saw me. Music is in my blood. I feel like I've been taking the steps to creating original music all of my life and now I will be able to share it with the world!"
Adedapo, a native of Milwaukee, made it to 11th place on Idol after being chosen for the wild card round. Previously, she was a contender on P. Diddy's MTV series Making the Band.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Saturday Night Live Recap: Melissa McCarthy is a Comedic Pick-Up Artist
- Deadpool Slaughters Superhero Tropes, Box Office Records, and Hearts on Valentine's Day Weekend
- Man, Justin Timberlake Sure Does the Carlton a Lot Now
- The Writers Guild of America Loves Mad Men and Mr. Robot, But Isn't About to Give You Clarity on the Oscars Race
- Watch Justin Timberlake Do 'The Carlton Dance' With Alfonso Ribeiro on The Golf Course!
- 'Deadpool' Smashes Box Office Records With $135 Million Gross Over Valentine's Day Weekend
- Alicia Vikander & Michael Fassbender Attend Pre-BAFTAs Dinner
- Jaime King Says Kanye West Rap About Taylor Swift 'Really Hurt'