Next Week on 'American Idol': Nicki Minaj, Scotty McCreery Perform; Top 9 Sing Songs From Their Idols
Will the Fox show look to its own alumni for Wednesday's theme? Worshipers are wondering...
On next week's American Idol, the remaining nine contestants will take on songs from their own Idols, Fox announced on Thursday night. The non-specific theme reveal comes on the heels of Billy Joel night, which sent finalist Erika Van Pelt packing following her performance of "New York State of Mind."
The following night, March 29, Nicki Minaj will perform her new single, “Starships,” and Season 10 winner Scotty McCreery, who also sings this year's elimination song, will return to the Idol stage to perform his latest country hit, “Water Tower Town.”
As for what the Top 9 might sing? It's unclear from Fox's release if the theme means songs recorded by actual American Idol alums ("Idols" is curiously capitalized in the announcement) or simply artists they admire, but either way it's not that much of a stretch to think that Joshua Ledet would sing a Fantasia number, Skylar Laine might take on Carrie Underwoood, and Colton Dixon could encore David Cook's "Permanent," the song he auditioned with. And with that, we'll start praying to the Idol gods.
Whether personal idols or American Idols, which songs would you like to hear the Top 9 sing? Tell us in the comments.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Taylor Swift Performs 'This Is What You Came For' During Only Concert in 2016, Giving the People That For Which They Came — More or Less
- In a Move You Can Probably Domo Arigato Mr. Robot for, NBC Is Adapting Hacker Film Sneakers
- Sky Ferreira to Do a Lot of Rockin’ and Headbangin’ in a Black Metal Film
- Ryan Gosling Was Almost Cast on Gilmore Girls, and Other Things We Learned From the Show’s Fan Fest
- Josh Hartnett Says He'd Love 'Penny Dreadful' to Return for Another Season! (Video)
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement (Report)
- Celebrities React to Chicago Cubs Making it to the World Series for the First Time Since 1945!
- Katie Holmes Fuels Up On Coffee After 'LA Weekly' Meeting