'American Idol': No Games with Randy Jackson and Steven Tyler For Next Season -- As Expected
Jennifer Lopez's lack of commitment is keeping the family apart.
There is no question (and there really never was one) that judges Randy Jackson and Steven Tyler are committed to coming back for Season 11 of FOX's American Idol. Yet, Jennifer Lopez is still being coy on whether she’ll return.
Jackson has been vocal about his return and his desire for all three judges to keep the dogs together. Tyler’s return was also really never up for debate. The Aerosmith front man signed a two-year deal.
So, what’s keeping JLo from taking her seat on the judges’ panel again? THR’s Shirley Halperin wondered if it may be about money as her $12 million per season salary pales in comparison to what’s possible (especially after it was revealed that former judge, Simon Cowell, reportedly made $35 million per season).
Maybe, she has had her fill of being criticized each week for a judging style many believed was too nice and not constructive enough? Or perhaps, as Season 5 runner-up Elliot Yamin suggested, “Jenny from the block” may not see the use in appearing on the show without a project to promote.
What do you make of JLo’s indecision?
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Arthur Miller's A View From the Bridge; A Masterfully Presented Classic at Seattle Rep
- Seattle Public Theater's Bad Jews; An Entertaining & Intriguing Look at Modern Religion & Tradition
- 7 Studio Jobs That Can Get Screenwriters Closer to Their Dreams
- Sandra Bullock Shares Concerns For Raising Black Son
- Rosie O'Donnell's Daughter Chelsea Breaks Her Silence About Running Away in Revealing Interview
- Jim Carrey's Girlfriend Cathriona White Married to Mark Burton at Time of Her Death
- Morena Baccarin Displays Her Tiny Baby Bump After Announcing Pregnancy News
- ABC Family to Be Called 'Freeform' Staring January 2016