'American Idol': Phillip Phillips Cancels Rest of College Tour
The season-11 winner has been ordered off the road by a doctor.
Following doctor’s orders, Phillip Phillips has canceled the remaining nine dates of his college tour.
"His doctor said he has to get off the road," a source tells The Hollywood Reporter. "He was playing six shows a week, and it’s too much for him."
The American Idol season-11 winner's ongoing kidney issues -- he had surgery last year to remove massive kidney stones -- as well as a combination of exhaustion and dehydration have been slowing him down.
"His body doesn’t bounce back, and he's been feeling run-down," says the source.
"Hey guys, due to doctor's orders I have to postpone my last few tour dates. They will be rescheduled!" he wrote. "Looking forward to seeing you all on on the John Mayer tour this summer!"
Although there is no word yet on whether or not Phillips will be well enough to attend the American Idol finale next week, his doctor feels that with rest, the singer will be fine for his shows with Mayer which begin in July.
In other news, “Gone, Gone, Gone” continues to build at radio, with a top 10 showing on the Hot AC.
Twitter: Michele Amabile
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Why Bob Dylan's Controversial Nobel Prize Makes Perfect Sense (And Highlights Incisive Americana At A Crucial Moment)
- The Durrells in Corfu: PBS Masterpiece Aims for Charming and Hits The Mark
- "The Accountant" Surprises As It Entertains
- Campaign Mailer Implies Rosie O'Donnell And Eva Longoria Support Trump
- Great British Bake Off Winner Nadiya Hussain Will Remain at the BBC to Develop New Projects
- Critics Do Battle With Ang Lee’s Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk and Its Incredibly High Frame Rate
- MediaTakeOut Founder Responds to Kim Kardashian’s Libel Lawsuit
- Leonard Cohen: Bob Dylan Winning the Nobel Is Like ‘Pinning a Medal on Mount Everest for Being the Highest Mountain’