'American Idol' Finale: Original 'Home' Vs. Phillip Phillips' Version, Who Sang It Better? (Video)
The Season 11 finalist's coronation song was originally written for British artist Greg Holden. THR takes the Pepsi -- er, Coke -- challenge.
American Idol finalist Phillip Phillips’ electrifying performance of the Drew Pearson song “Home” has sparked interest in British artist Greg Holden, for whom the song was originally written four months ago during a writing trip to Los Angeles.
Pearson, who calls Holden an “amazing talent,” tells The Hollywood Reporter, "We wanted to something fun that day.”
Which version of “Home” do you prefer? Phillips' or Holden's? You be the judge. Watch both below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Partner, Let Me Upgrade You: Hulu Finally Offers a Commercial-Free Option
- Two of Your Favorite TV Actresses Might Be in the New Star Wars
- Samantha Bee’s Full Frontal Teaser Has the Cojones Needed to Take on Those Late-Night Dudes
- Jon Stewart Only Has Great Things to Say About Stephen Colbert and His Late Show Gig
- Kate Upton Walks the Edge of the CN Tower with Boyfriend Justin Verlander
- Freida Pinto, Jenna Dewan & Rosario Dawson Celebrate The A List 15th Anniversary!
- Rihanna's Rumored Love Interest Lewis Hamilton Speaks to Dating Rumors
- Miranda Lambert & Jake Owen Perform at ACM Honors 2015 Following Their Splits