'American Idol': Phillip Phillips and Elise Testone to Encore Gotye Duet on Summer Tour?
The finalists' rendition of "Somebody That I Used To Know" was a highlight of Season 11.
Could American Idol fans get a repeat performance of Phillip Phillips and Elise Testone’s beloved Gotye duet? The two season 11 finalists sang the hit "Somebody That I Used To Know” on Top 7 week of the competition, and now Testone tells The Hollywood Reporter she has requested it for the summer tour.
“I really hope that's going to happen,” she said on the red carpet before the finale. “I don't see why not. There's, like, 2 million hits on that song on YouTube and everyone's asking for it. Hopefully they'll put it in there.” (Song clearances can be a tricky proposition on the broadcast because in most instances they require the artist’s consent, a live setting is another matter.)
Testone added that she is pulling for her "buddy" Phillips.
“I really look up to him,” she told THR. “Even when he is in pain, he doesn’t complain about it and puts on his best performance. He puts it all aside and I think that’s a true artist.”
Relive Testone and Phillips' Gotye cover below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Someone Totally Destroyed Donald Trump's Star On The Hollywood Walk Of Fame
- People Are Dressing Up Like Alexander Hamilton Because #Hamilween Is In Full Effect
- This Instagram Photo Has People Worried That Khloe Kardashian Might Be Robbed Next
- Pro Tennis Player Cuts Hair During Match Because Winning Is Everything
- Be Very Glad America Never Had to Endure Donald Trump's Scrapped Reality Show About Beauty Pageant Queens
- Martha Stewart Reveals Her Sexting Past During a Game of ‘Never Have I Ever’
- Lady Gaga Forces Matt LeBlanc to Pick Which Friends Character He’d Sleep With, Defying Years Upon Years of Friends Canon
- Donald Trump’s Walk of Fame Star Was Vandalized by a Man With a Sledgehammer