'American Idol' Phillip Phillips Releases 'Gone, Gone, Gone' Video Amid Family Drama
The season 11 winner debuts the clip the same week his mother is nailed for a DUI.
American Idol season 11 winner Phillip Phillips isn't letting his ongoing family troubles get in the way of his career.
Despite his mother, Sheryl Phillips, being arrested for DUI this week, the Leesburg, Ga., singer forged ahead with the release of the new video for his second single, "Gone, Gone, Gone."
Directed by Joseph Toman (who's worked with Justin Timberlake and David Guetta), the clip celebrates people sticking together in difficult times.
The message ironically coincides with Phillips' continuing family drama: TMZ reported Thursday that Phillip's Georgia-based mother was arrested for DUI earlier that day after "swerving her van across lanes of traffic" and failing a sobriety test. The website cited an unnamed Phillips source as saying that Phillips' parents separated last week, and that the Idol champ had declined to help bail out the family pawn shop when the store was having financial troubles.
Phillips is currently on tour as an opening act for Matchbox 20.
Watch "Gone, Gone, Gone" below:
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress