'American Idol' Alum Pia Toscano and Jared Lee Cover Cyndi Lauper (Video)
Season 10 favorite Toscano made a surprise appearance at The Viper Room as a guest of singer/songwriter Lee.
The Summer of American Idol cover songs continued Wednesday night as Season 10 songbird Pia Toscano was announced as a special guest of BMG Chrysalis Music singer/songwriter Jared Lee at Hollywood's Viper Room.
Toscano is currently working on music for her soon-to-be released CD, Lee said.
Lee, who is promoting his EP, Falling Through Holes, called Toscano to the stage for a gorgeous cover of Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time" after telling the crowd an adorable story of the history the two singers share.
"I was in New York, I was young, and [someone] introduced me to a young girl named Pia Toscano," he said. "And he told me how this girl was incredibly talented, and I said, all right, I'll work with her."
He took the meeting with Toscano, who was 17-years-old at the time, and started to write songs together, and the next thing he knew she was on a "show called American Idol."
"Anyone that watched American Idol I think would agree that Pia should have won the whole thing," he said. "Not to take anything away from anyone else."
Lee has a connection with the show as well. His songs, "It's Over (Goodbye)" and "Beautiful World" were both featured on Season 10.
Watch the clip of the two musicians and friends performing together for the first time below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Winnie and Kevin Probably Slept Together and 11 Other Things We Learned at Last Night’s Wonder Years Reunion
- How Much Do You Know About American Horror Story? Take Our SAT Exam
- Garage Doors and Tanning Beds: 9 Actors Remember Their Famous Horror-Movie Deaths
- It’s Just a Normal Tuesday With Drake and ILoveMakonnen
- 'Ouija' Movie Stars Attend Spooky Seance with Their Celeb Pals (Exclusive Video!)
- Justin Timberlake & Jessica Biel Settle Lawsuit Against Tabloid Publishing False Stories
- Renee Zellweger Brings Her Boyfriend Doyle Bramhall II to Elle Women in Hollywood Event!
- Nikki Reed & Emmy Rossum Stun at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration