'American Idol' Alum Pia Toscano and Jared Lee Cover Cyndi Lauper (Video)
Season 10 favorite Toscano made a surprise appearance at The Viper Room as a guest of singer/songwriter Lee.
The Summer of American Idol cover songs continued Wednesday night as Season 10 songbird Pia Toscano was announced as a special guest of BMG Chrysalis Music singer/songwriter Jared Lee at Hollywood's Viper Room.
Toscano is currently working on music for her soon-to-be released CD, Lee said.
Lee, who is promoting his EP, Falling Through Holes, called Toscano to the stage for a gorgeous cover of Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time" after telling the crowd an adorable story of the history the two singers share.
"I was in New York, I was young, and [someone] introduced me to a young girl named Pia Toscano," he said. "And he told me how this girl was incredibly talented, and I said, all right, I'll work with her."
He took the meeting with Toscano, who was 17-years-old at the time, and started to write songs together, and the next thing he knew she was on a "show called American Idol."
"Anyone that watched American Idol I think would agree that Pia should have won the whole thing," he said. "Not to take anything away from anyone else."
Lee has a connection with the show as well. His songs, "It's Over (Goodbye)" and "Beautiful World" were both featured on Season 10.
Watch the clip of the two musicians and friends performing together for the first time below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Free Yourselves From the Shackles of Spoilers! Life Is Too Short.
- I Want Rom-Com TV to Flourish, But ABC’s Manhattan Love Story Is Not Helping at All
- Watch the Trailer for Taken 3, Which Is Actually Called Tak3n
- The Creators of Family Guy Must Have a Major Inferiority Complex When It Comes to The Simpsons
- Justin Bieber Grabs Dinner with Kendall Jenner in Paris
- Aretha Franklin Sings 'Rolling in the Deep' Live & Totally Kills It - Watch Now!
- Channing Tatum & His Huge Muscles Continue Filming 'Magic Mike XXL' - See the New Photos!
- Kendall Jenner & Cara Delevingne Carry Protest Signs After Paris Fashion Show