'American Idol' Plays Down Catfights, Plays Up the Magic in First Promo (Video)
Host Ryan Seacrest teases the "best season yet" -- but do you believe him?
"There are 7 billion people in the world...but there's only one."
So begins the new commercial promoting American Idol and Season 12. The ad, which features a countless sea of hopefuls, also gives plenty of facetime to judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban, Randy Jackson, and finally, Ryan Seacrest, who promises, "The show that started it all is starting our best season yet."
The Fox show will return in a two-night event, beginning Jan. 16.
Will this be the best season ever, and is the next Idol in the clip? Watch below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Matthew McConaughey’s Amazing Speech to the University of Texas Football Team Is a Perfect Way to Start Your Day
- Viola Davis Finally Gets the Lead Role She’s Been Waiting for in How to Get Away With Murder
- Watch Jennifer Garner and John Mulaney Play Catchphrase
- Adam Sandler Inks Exclusive Four-Film Deal With Netflix
- Emma Stone's 'Zombieland 2' Involvement is Unknown
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Take Legal Action, Accuse Photographer of Harassing Prince George
- Nick Jonas Grabs Himself, Shows His Butt Crack in These Shirtless Pics - See The Hot Photos Here!
- Celebrities Threaten Google with $100 Million Lawsuit Over Leaked Nude Images