'American Idol' Plays Down Catfights, Plays Up the Magic in First Promo (Video)
Host Ryan Seacrest teases the "best season yet" -- but do you believe him?
"There are 7 billion people in the world...but there's only one."
So begins the new commercial promoting American Idol and Season 12. The ad, which features a countless sea of hopefuls, also gives plenty of facetime to judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban, Randy Jackson, and finally, Ryan Seacrest, who promises, "The show that started it all is starting our best season yet."
The Fox show will return in a two-night event, beginning Jan. 16.
Will this be the best season ever, and is the next Idol in the clip? Watch below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding