'American Idol' Plays Down Catfights, Plays Up the Magic in First Promo (Video)
Host Ryan Seacrest teases the "best season yet" -- but do you believe him?
"There are 7 billion people in the world...but there's only one."
So begins the new commercial promoting American Idol and Season 12. The ad, which features a countless sea of hopefuls, also gives plenty of facetime to judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban, Randy Jackson, and finally, Ryan Seacrest, who promises, "The show that started it all is starting our best season yet."
The Fox show will return in a two-night event, beginning Jan. 16.
Will this be the best season ever, and is the next Idol in the clip? Watch below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Elizabeth Banks Dishes on 'Pitch Perfect 2': The Bellas Have Gotten Too Big for Their Britches
- Evan Rachel Wood Has the Coolest Backpack Ever Because It Looks Like R2D2!
- Hercules' Irina Shayk Leaves Craig Ferguson Speechless - Watch Now
- Leonardo DiCaprio Tries to Keep Low Profile After Raising $25 Million