'American Idol' Plays Down Catfights, Plays Up the Magic in First Promo (Video)
Host Ryan Seacrest teases the "best season yet" -- but do you believe him?
"There are 7 billion people in the world...but there's only one."
So begins the new commercial promoting American Idol and Season 12. The ad, which features a countless sea of hopefuls, also gives plenty of facetime to judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban, Randy Jackson, and finally, Ryan Seacrest, who promises, "The show that started it all is starting our best season yet."
The Fox show will return in a two-night event, beginning Jan. 16.
Will this be the best season ever, and is the next Idol in the clip? Watch below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Greg Scarnici Recreates Iconic Madonna 'Sex' Book As 'Sex In Drag'
- 'Na Maloom Afraad': Revival of Pakistani Cinema in Progress
- Sister Cristina Scuccia, The Singing Nun, Releases 'Like A Virgin' Cover (Without The Naughty Bits)
- Maitland Ward's Sheer Dress Is The Sheerest of All Sheer Dresses And NSFW
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes the Washington Redskins Wouldn't Change Their Name
- Jennifer Lawrence Introduces Honoree Elizabeth Banks at Elle Women in Hollywood (Video)
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Makes First Offical Appearance Since Suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum - See The Pics Here!