'American Idol: Post-Show Breakdown: Paul McDonald and Jacob Lusk Discuss Song Choice
Group rehearsal limited the Top 9's time after Wednesday's show, but Paul McDonald and Jacob Lusk took a minute to explain their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame week picks.
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame week brought a lot of soul and its share of country but relatively little rock. But one thing all the contestants seemed to share? Indecisiveness when it came to song choice. Jacob Lusk and Paul McDonald broke it down after Wednesday’s show…Jacob Lusk: “With the original song choice, I just thought it was too raunchy. I'm an artist. I have songs that are sexual, but to just say, "Let's do it! Let's just get it crackin’ baby, arrrrr!" is not the message that I really want to tell the world. And this is on a global scale. Especially with what's going on right now in Japan and even here in the United States, I think it's important that every time you have the chance to address America, you give them a little bit of your heart, and with “Man in the mirror,” I was able to do that and say, "I want to make this change, and hopefully you’ll look at yourself and want to make a change too…” I went completely out of my box [because] I am not a Michael Jackson-type singer, but I found something that I could connect with lyrically, and I think I came out pretty good.” Paul McDonald: “Song choices are always tough, especially this week with Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It's like, dude there are so many freakin’ songs! I took in a handful [to Jimmy Iovine and Will.I.am] and they were just like, 'Yeah, that sounds like crap,' and I was like, 'Awesome.' So I kept going up and down, learning different songs and we ended up sticking with a Johnny Cash kind of country thing. But it was tough, man. The bigger the pool, the harder it is to choose from.”
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Amy Schumer Responds To 'Formation' Parody Backlash With Topless Photo
- Rihanna And Missy Elliott Get Involved In Search For Missing Backup Dancer
- Tom Hanks Asks Zoltar To Make Him A 'Big' Kid Again In Hilarious 'Late Show' Skit
- Television Legend Norman Lear Goes In Front of The Camera in New Documentary
- Elijah Wood's DJ Name Is Not DJ Frodo, Which Is a Wild Misunderstanding of His Own Brand and DJs
- Samantha Bee, President of the Nasty Woman Club, Says ‘Hell, Yes’ to Hillary Clinton Schooling Trump on Abortion
- The Walking Dead Season-7 Premiere Is Likely the Most-Watched Episode of the Series Ever
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on The Walking Dead Premiere: ‘It Was Just So F***ing Heavy’
- Justin Timberlake Gives Funny Response When Asked About Expanding His Family with Jessica Biel
- Tom Hanks Perfectly Remembers His Rap from 'Big' - Watch Now!
- The 'Pretty Little Liars' Stun at Elle Women in Hollywood Awards
- Marion Cotillard Poses in Christian Dior's Childhood Garden for New Lady Dior Campaign!