'American Idol': Randy Jackson and Steven Tyler Assess the Final Two (Video)
Following Thursday's elimination show, the two judges shared their thoughts on Season 11's Jessica Sanchez and Phillip Phillips.
After Thursday's elimination episode of American Idol, judges Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson greeted reporters to share their thoughts on the final two as well as discuss the show's impact and what the panel might look like next year (was Jennifer Lopez's press conference absence a sign of things to come?).
Tyler marveled at the growth of 16-year-old Jessica Sanchez and 21-year-old Phillip Phillips, commenting that the latter brought the magic” with “one of the best songs in the history of music,” Bob Seger's "We've Got Tonight," while Jackson pointed out that, while there’s a girl in the finale (finally), Sanchez might be at a disadvantage without the “’cute boy vote.” His advice: pick a song that will wow the audience and not put them to sleep. "Just go for it,” he said.
The judges also talked about Joshua Ledet's exit, calling the Louisiana native one of those rare “pure, emotional singers” who earned more standing ovations than anyone else in recent memory (17, by our count).
So why was he sent home? Watch the video above for the judges' theories and also their reflections on the passing of disco queen Donna Summer.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- The End of the Tour Trailer: Jason Segel Goes Full Capote As David Foster Wallace
- Fred Armisen, Zosia Mamet, Vanessa Bayer Re-create Golden Girls for Jenny Lewis
- ‘We Have Lost the Ability to Flush the Toilet’: Art-Festival Culture in Istanbul
- Colin Firth Is ‘Already Set’ to Star in My Fair Lady on Broadway
- The Weeknd Debuts Music Video for New Song 'The Hills' - Watch Now!
- Bradley Cooper Gets Anna Wintour's Support at 'Elephant Man' Celebration!
- Duggar Family Not Worried About Losing '19 Kids & Counting' Amid Josh's Molestation Scandal
- Britney Spears Makes The Best Facial Expressions During New Australian Interview - Watch Here!