'American Idol' Recap: Save Sustains Top 8
Daughtry returns to the "Idol" stage as one contestant's journey back to the beginning of the competition almost led to their elimination.
The top 8 singers of American Idol revisited their audition songs on Wednesday night's episode, but for one finalist, the journey back to the beginning brought their season run to an end.
At the beginning of Thursday's half-hour episode, mentor Randy Jackson predicted that after the competition performances and duets, contestants Caleb Johnson, Jess Meuse, Dexter Roberts and Jena Irene would be safe. And Jackson was right, as his top four were first announced as safe, followed by Alex Preston.
The bottom three were then revealed to be Malaya Watson (Aretha Franklin's "Ain't No Way"), Sam Woolf (Ed Sheeran's "Lego House") and CJ Harris (The Allman Brothers Band's "Soulshine"), but on the chopping block was Woolf.
He performed David Gray's "Babylon" with a surprisingly calm stage presence, and it might have just done the trick. "We are unanimous -- we are gonna use the save tonight!" announced Jennifer Lopez, as confetti covered the stage.
Throughout the episode, the Idol alum-led Daughtry stopped by for a performance of "Waiting for Superman" off their album, Baptized.
What do you think of the season's save? Should Woolf have been sent home instead? Sound off in the comments below, Idol Worshippers!
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- The End of the Tour Trailer: Jason Segel Goes Full Capote As David Foster Wallace
- Fred Armisen, Zosia Mamet, Vanessa Bayer Re-create Golden Girls for Jenny Lewis
- ‘We Have Lost the Ability to Flush the Toilet’: Art-Festival Culture in Istanbul
- Colin Firth Is ‘Already Set’ to Star in My Fair Lady on Broadway
- The Weeknd Debuts Music Video for New Song 'The Hills' - Watch Now!
- Bradley Cooper Gets Anna Wintour's Support at 'Elephant Man' Celebration!
- Duggar Family Not Worried About Losing '19 Kids & Counting' Amid Josh's Molestation Scandal
- Britney Spears Makes The Best Facial Expressions During New Australian Interview - Watch Here!