'American Idol' Recap: Seven Things You Didn't See on Wednesday's Show
Steven Tyler has his teeth checked, while executive producer Nigel Lythgoe leads the crowd in some hand-clapping.
American Idol's first night in which fans got a chance to vote was taped Tuesday for broadcast a day later. Here are seven things you did not see on TV:
1. Executive producer Nigel Lythgoe, sensing some lethargy in the crowd, led the hand-clapping during Paul's performance. He also got the crowd going during Scotty McCreery's performance of Garth Brooks' "The River."
2. A fan from the audience took the stage during a commercial break to dance the steps seen in Jennifer Lopez's video for "On the Floor." Despite lacking a dancer's body, he impressed the crowd. Ryan Seacrest then pretended to interview the kid.
3. Steven Tyler might be getting stingy with the kisses: Only two women got pecks on the cheek during the taping.
4. As in all shows, commercial breaks are used to reapply makeup, remove sweat and adjust hair. Tyler goes one step further and has his teeth checked.
5. Randy Jackson introduced Tyler and Lopez to Motown founder Berry Gordy. It appeared they were meeting for the first time.
6. Knowing that applause can be sweetened in the edit bays, he loudest ovations in the room were clearly for Scotty McCreery and Naima Adedapo.
7. There were about two dozen signs in the room. One that got people talking was to the right of the judges, but it might have been easy to make out on TV. It read: "Simon Who???"
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- More, More, More: Billy Idol and Miley Cyrus Perform ‘Rebel Yell’ Together
- Break Out the Fish Fingers and Custard, Because Doctor Who Spinoff Class Has a Premiere Date
- Julia Roberts Is Starring in a Biopic About a Mom Framed For Drug Crimes, So You Can Add That to Your List of Ambient Fears
- Bruce Springsteen Picks His Top Five Springsteen Songs and It Looks Like You and Bruce Have a Lot in Common