'American Idol' Recap: Seven Things You Didn't See on Wednesday's Show
Steven Tyler has his teeth checked, while executive producer Nigel Lythgoe leads the crowd in some hand-clapping.
American Idol's first night in which fans got a chance to vote was taped Tuesday for broadcast a day later. Here are seven things you did not see on TV:
1. Executive producer Nigel Lythgoe, sensing some lethargy in the crowd, led the hand-clapping during Paul's performance. He also got the crowd going during Scotty McCreery's performance of Garth Brooks' "The River."
2. A fan from the audience took the stage during a commercial break to dance the steps seen in Jennifer Lopez's video for "On the Floor." Despite lacking a dancer's body, he impressed the crowd. Ryan Seacrest then pretended to interview the kid.
3. Steven Tyler might be getting stingy with the kisses: Only two women got pecks on the cheek during the taping.
4. As in all shows, commercial breaks are used to reapply makeup, remove sweat and adjust hair. Tyler goes one step further and has his teeth checked.
5. Randy Jackson introduced Tyler and Lopez to Motown founder Berry Gordy. It appeared they were meeting for the first time.
6. Knowing that applause can be sweetened in the edit bays, he loudest ovations in the room were clearly for Scotty McCreery and Naima Adedapo.
7. There were about two dozen signs in the room. One that got people talking was to the right of the judges, but it might have been easy to make out on TV. It read: "Simon Who???"
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- See the Visually Striking Trailer for Young Ones, With Michael Shannon and Elle Fanning
- The Feminist Horror Author You Need to Read Immediately
- ‘Age Has No Expiration Date’ Is the New ‘Blurred Lines,’ Says Pharrell in New Music Video
- Zoe Saldana Understands Why You Would Mistake Her for Other Black Actresses
- Lea Michele & Boyfriend Matthew Paetz Hit the Big Apple After Italian Getaway
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic Scores First Number 1 Album in 30 Year Career, MAGIC!'s 'Rude' Remains Number 1 Song
- Jake Gyllenhaal Enters World of Crime Reporting in First 'Nightcrawler' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Zoe Saldana Almost Quit Acting After Her Role in 'Pirates of the Caribbean': 'It Was Very Elitist'