'American Idol' Recap: Who Went Home Grumpy on Results Show?
Grumpy Cat returned to the "Idol" stage, as America sent another favorite home on Thursday.
The top six finalists were a little bit country and a little bit rock 'n' roll on Wednesday night's American Idol episode, but on Thursday night's results show, Ryan Seacrest promised that one contestant was "going to be grumpy," as he cradled the show's special guest, Grumpy Cat, in his arms.
Idol's traditional last supper, this time catered by Caleb Johnson's mom, gave the Idols a chance to relax, have some cake and celebrate the North Carolina singer's 23rd birthday. But that happy mood turned tense as Seacrest began to whittle the top six down to five.
As usual, mentor Randy Jackson offered his thoughts on the previous evening's performances. Jackson felt that Johnson had "an amazing night. ... He took the roof off the place." Teenager Sam Woolf, he said, "is starting to move up a little a bit." As for C.J. Harris, the mentor warned that he "needs to pick better songs" and "could be in trouble." Jackson was correct, as Johnson and Woolf were sent to safety.
As for wildcard Jena Irene, Jackson said she "gave strong performances." He also felt that Alex Preston had a "good, strong night," while Jess Meuse didn't give the judges everything they needed to hear. He predicted Preston and Meuse "could be in trouble with the votes," but it turned out Meuse was the one earning a trip to the stools of doom.
"I don't know what the right bottom two is," said Harry Connick Jr., as he explained that at this point in the competition every week will eventually send another singer home until a winner is crowned.
In the end, it was Harris who was sent home, as his swan song "Can't You See" by The Marshall Tucker Band earned an ovation from all three judges and praise from his supportive family, who joined him onstage.
What do you think, Worshippers? Did America make the right choice? And should Keith Urban wear a suit again next week? Hit us up in the comments.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Bill Maher And Bernie Sanders Take Down 'Chicken' Donald Trump
- LeBron James Jr. Is Headed To A Sixth Straight NBA Finals
- America's Sweetheart Susan Lucci Opens Up About Love, Fans and the Little Boy Who Won Her Heart
- Harry Connick, Jr. Tells Grads: It's Exciting If You Don't Have Your Career Planned
- Glee’s Mark Salling Indicted on Two Counts in Child Pornography Case
- How Old Is Everyone Supposed to Be in X-Men: Apocalypse?
- Penelope Cruz And Jimmy Fallon Dubsmash On The Tonight Show And You Know, Look, Live Television Is Not Easy
- Emilia Clarke, What Are You Doing? Don’t Watch Game of Thrones With Your Parents