'American Idol' Releases Official Picture of the 'Dream Team'
Members of the new judges panel are all smiles for their first day in Boston.
Fox released the first official photograph of the new American Idol judging panel on Tuesday, and it's a happy one.
The photo, which was taken on the first day of the Boston auditions for season 13, was released just hours after the network confirmed that Harry Connick Jr. and former judge Jennifer Lopez has joined country singer Keith Urban on the show this season. Not pictured is veteran Randy Jackson, who has been with Idol since it premiered. He will return in a mentor role when the show airs in January.
One thing evident in the photo is the overwhelming joy on Lopez's face, as she is seated between Urban on the left and Connick on the right. The Bronx native seems elated to be back in the same spot she occupied before when she shared the table with Jackson and then-judge Steven Tyler.
Earlier today, Fox released a statement announcing the "dream team." Lopez also tweeted her excitement: “#IDOL2014TheRemix."
The panel appears comfortable together. Urban, who always seemed to enjoy the job more so than anyone else on the panel last season, had kind words for his new comrades in music, and anticipates the new season is going to be "a blast."
Idol returns in January.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Exclusive Photos of A$AP Rocky Chilling, Blazing With an Artist Pal
- The End of the Tour Trailer: Jason Segel Goes Full Capote As David Foster Wallace
- Fred Armisen, Zosia Mamet, Vanessa Bayer Re-create Golden Girls for Jenny Lewis
- ‘We Have Lost the Ability to Flush the Toilet’: Art-Festival Culture in Istanbul
- Jason Statham Dishes on Working With Pretentious Actors
- Tom Cruise Always Wants to Give His Audience Their 'Money's Worth'
- Bruce Jenner Fires Back at Lawsuit Over Wrongful Car Crash Death