'American Idol' Adds Rihanna to Season 11 Finale
The singer will performer her latest single, "Where Have You Been," during the two-hour episode.
Rihanna, fresh off her appearance on Saturday Night Live, will get another high-profile network TV appearance this month when she takes the stage at the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE for the American Idol finale.
Fox announced Tuesday that the 24-year-old singer will appear during Idol's May 23 eleventh season ender, performing her current single "Where Have You Been" for the two-hour performance and results special.
The night will also determine which of the remaining four finalists -- Hollie Cavanagh, Joshua Ledet, Phillip Phillips and Jessica Sanchez -- will take this season's title.
Rihanna's recent SNL performance of "Where Have You Been" found the singer in some unusually elaborate staging for the NBC series. Dressed as some sort of Egyptian queen, she started out reclining in a pile of leopard print pillows before a group of shrouded dancers surrounded her, paying slight homage to Michael Jackson's "Remember the Time" video.
Rihanna has performed on America Idol twice before.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- 'Alice Through The Looking Glass' Is No Match For 'X-Men: Apocalypse' At Weekend Box Office
- Melissa McCarthy Really Hopes The 'Ghostbusters' Haters 'Find A Friend'
- Ciara And Russell Wilson's Latest Vacation Is An Adorable Family Affair
- Dwayne Johnson Shares First Look At Hobbs In 'Fast 8' And It's All Kinds Of Intense
- John Carpenter Has Some Choice Words About Friday The 13th, Specifically, 'It Just Doesn't Rise Above Its Cheapness'
- Jesse Eisenberg Discusses Lex Luther's Return in Justice League, Risks Being 'Picked Off' By DC's Killer Drones
- How Mindy Kaling's Subtle, Cunning Lies Affected B.J. Novak's Psyche While Filming The Office
- Italian Star of Stage and Screen Giorgio Albertazzi Dead at 92