'American Idol' Season 12 Finale: Adam Lambert Tops 5 Best Moments
Stellar performances, laugh-out-loud skits and one priceless dig at "The Voice" were among the highlights of the 2013 closer.
Adam Lambert returned, Jennifer Lopez worked the wind machine and Randy Jackson was honored with a farewell package featuring dogs, not dawgs. With season 12 officially in the history books, American Idol pulled out all the stops to make the 2013 finale memorable.
To that end, there was a little for everybody. For the AARP crowd, Frankie Valli and Aretha Franklin represented. For the younger set, Psy, Pitbull and The Band Perry. Then there were the judges -- Jackson strapped on the bass guitar twice for numbers backing Mariah Carey and Kree Harrison; Keith Urban gave viewers their white guy-with-guitar moment, and Carey looked stunning in a white gown.
Which moments stood out? Read on for Idol Worship's picks...
5) In a clever video package, Jordin Sparks reveals the real reason that all five boys were picked off one by one in the competition: none of them play guitar. The best zinger in the package came at the end, when the season six victor advised the boys to cheer up, as “Idol leftovers have been doing really well on The Voice.” Snap!
4) The top five boys don wigs in tribute to Nicki Minaj, which was funny in and of itself, but finalist Devin Velez stole the show with his big reveal: leopard skin spandex pants and butt implants. Can he wear that on the summer tour? Pretty please?
3) Janelle Arthur and The Band Perry rock out on stage. Arthur really turned it out with the high-energy burner, “Done.” How cool was it to see Arthur head banging to that? Why couldn’t we have that kind of energy all season? Well done!
2) Candice Glover and Jennifer Hudson’s duet of “Inseparable” was an incredible moment -- an Oscar winner and the reigning American Idol champion! Too bad it wasn’t a duet of “And I’m Telling You I’m Not Going,” but that was last year’s finale.
1) Adam Lambert’s return to the stage to duet with Angie Miller on Sia’s “Titanium” was nothing short of perfection! Clearly, fans of the show miss seeing Lambert on the Idol stage -- perhaps he can return next year as a judge? "If they called me, I'd say, 'Where do I sign?'" he told reporters after the show. The moment was further amplified by the appearance of Miller’s personal Idol, Jessie J, and an invitation for the third-place winner to join the singer in the UK. It's all about connections, after all...
What do you think, Idol Worshippers? Did you have a favorite moment?
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Former 'Law & Order' Director Gets 10 Years Probation For Child Pornography Charges
- Jamie Lynn Spears Describes The 'Zoey 101' Revival Of Our Dreams
- The King Of Night Bass, AC Slater, Held Down His Crown At Coachella 2016 And He's Taking His Summer Tour To Another Level
- Why Jaime Could Become The Kingslayer Twice Over On 'Game Of Thrones'