'American Idol' Season 13 Auditions: Guitars Allowed
In a first for the Fox show, Hollywood hopefuls may be allowed to strum along to their tryout song.
Here's an American Idol first: Hopefuls for the show's 13th season will be allowed to bring a guitar into the audition room.
The new rule comes via the Fox series' official site, which posted a dare, of sorts, on Tuesday, July 9: "Bring out your guitars and show us what you've got!"
Those trying out will have to give it a go a capella first, however. Then, "at the discretion of the producers," the potential contestant may be allowed to whip out their six-string.
Season 13 auditions kick off in Salt Lake City on July 11. Singers can also audition online, but sans instrument.
For more information, head over to americanidol.com.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- LeBron James Stars In Emotional 'Re-Established' Ad For $200 Beats Headphones
- Jason Derulo Takes His "Talk Dirty" Party On The Road
- Rudy Giuliani, George Pataki And 2 Congressmen Plan Protest Of 'The Death of Klinghoffer' At Metropolitan Opera
- Paul Craft Dead At 76: Nashville Songwriter Inducted Into Hall Of Fame
- Patrick Dempsey Describes His Audition For 'Grey's Anatomy' & His First Read with Ellen Pompeo!
- Engaged Couple Robbie Amell & Italia Ricci Make It An Italian Dinner Date
- Ariana Grande & Rita Ora Glam Up Radio 1's Teen Awards 2014
- Heidi Klum & Boyfriend Vito Schnabel Show PDA After Her Divorce Finalized