'American Idol' Season 13 Auditions: Guitars Allowed
In a first for the Fox show, Hollywood hopefuls may be allowed to strum along to their tryout song.
Here's an American Idol first: Hopefuls for the show's 13th season will be allowed to bring a guitar into the audition room.
The new rule comes via the Fox series' official site, which posted a dare, of sorts, on Tuesday, July 9: "Bring out your guitars and show us what you've got!"
Those trying out will have to give it a go a capella first, however. Then, "at the discretion of the producers," the potential contestant may be allowed to whip out their six-string.
Season 13 auditions kick off in Salt Lake City on July 11. Singers can also audition online, but sans instrument.
For more information, head over to americanidol.com.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- 'The Magnificent Seven' Shoots Straight To Top Of The Box Office With $35 Million Debut
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Isaiah Washington Urges All African-Americans To Boycott Work
- The Cast Of 'Will & Grace' Reunited And It Was Almost Too Adorable To Handle
- Arrest Made After Reported Hacking Of Pippa Middleton's Photos
- The Magnificent Seven Performed Magnificently at the Box Office This Weekend
- Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon Talks Beyoncé, Pepsi and Corporate Partnerships: ‘You Have to Believe in Something’
- The Nirvana Nevermind Baby Recreated the Famous Cover and He Looks Exactly the Same (No, Not Really, He Got Older)
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Joins Weird Al Yankovic to Sing ‘Yoda,’ Achieving the Much Sought After Nerd Holy Trinity