'American Idol' Season 13: How Much Do Jena, Caleb and Alex Want to Win?
The top three finalists also revealed how much they’ve changed since their auditions.
Minutes after they were onstage cutting a cake to celebrate the 500th episode of American Idol, the top three finalists for season 13 sat down with The Hollywood Reporter to answer two burning questions.
THR: How badly do you want to win American Idol?
Jena Irene: I do want to win. We’re so close but we’re also so far away because there’s a lot to prepare before next week, but I want to take it home and make my hometown proud.
Caleb Johnson: I want to win really, really bad. I've busted my butt every week trying to get amazing performances and moments, so hopefully America will put me through to the finale because I’ve worked so hard to get to this point. It's been three years in the making.
Alex Preston: Winning American Idol would mean everything to me. Of course, I'm not going to be disappointed if I don't because of how far I've come, but it would literally be the coolest thing to ever happen. Words can't even do that dream justice.
THR: How does the person you are today, May 14, 2014, compare to the person you were when you auditioned for American Idol?
Jena: The present-day Jena is a lot better at accepting who she is as a person and an artist and is more confident in her own skin. I say that because I've literally risked so much in every performance and received mostly positive feedback. For that I thank every single one of my fans and the judges for keeping me on this long. I’m so grateful.
Caleb: I've become completely in tune with who I am as a singer, a performer and an artist. I’ve grown so much and changed and evolved into something really special and I enjoy the artist and singer I've become. I think everything happens for a reason and I've had so much fun.
Alex: I have a lot more confidence now. Before I was just a shy kid who thought it would never happen. It's happening now and it means a lot.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014