'American Idol' Sweethearts Ace Young and Diana DeGarmo Team Up for 'Technicolor' Love
No strangers to the stage (or performing shirtless), the newlyweds star in a touring production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" this spring.
Ace Young and Diana DeGarmo saw each other naked long before they even started dating -- as costars in the Broadway production of Hair -- so it's only fitting that the couple's next theatrical outing will involve Young baring his best assets once again in the touring production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
The American Idol sweethearts, who wed last June, will co-star in the upcoming national touring production of the show, which officially launches at Playhouse Square in Cleveland on March 4. A poster for the show featuring the pair was recently revealed, but only one of the stars is shirtless.
Season-five alum Young will play Joseph, while season-three runner-up DeGarmo will handle the role of "The Narrator." DeGarmo has taken on the part previously alongside season-four alum Anthony Fedorov in a production by Oklahoma's Lyric Theatre.
The tour will continue through the spring with stops in St. Louis, Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Memphis, St. Louis, Durham, San Jose, Los Angeles and San Diego.
In addition to their appearance together in Hair, both Idols have several more stage credits to their names. Young debuted on the Great White Way as Kenickie in Grease, and starred as Danny Zuko in the national touring company in 2009. DeGarmo starred on Broadway as Penny Pingleton in Hairspray, appeared off-Broadway in The Toxic Avenger, and had lead roles in the touring productions of 9 to 5 and Brooklyn: The Musical.
She also took on the humorous role of Jersey girl Angelina Veneziano while appearing on the soap opera The Young and the Restless.
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat -- retelling the story of Joseph, his eleven brothers and his coat of many colors -- has been fertile ground for many Idol alums. As recently as last summer, Clay Aiken had the starring role in a Maine production of the Andrew Lloyd Webber-Tim Rice classic.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Shade Queen Katy Perry Films Herself As Kanye West Raps ‘Famous’ Taylor Swift Diss
- Someone Totally Destroyed Donald Trump's Star On The Hollywood Walk Of Fame
- People Are Dressing Up Like Alexander Hamilton Because #Hamilween Is In Full Effect
- This Instagram Photo Has People Worried That Khloe Kardashian Might Be Robbed Next
- How Mindy Kaling Became the ‘Bill Murray of the Brown Internet’
- Abba Is Planning a Cryptic ‘Virtual and Live Experience’ to Enable a New Generation of Dancing Queens
- The Shins Return With Video for ‘Dead Alive,’ Which Will Change Your Halloween, I Swear
- Be Very Glad America Never Had to Endure Donald Trump’s Scrapped Reality Show About Beauty Pageant Queens