'American Idol' Taylor Hicks Collects Grammy Award
The season five winner nabs the award as a featured artist on Jimmy Fallon's Grammy-winning album, "Blow Your Pants Off."
American Idol season five winner Taylor Hicks can now add "Grammy-winning featured artist" to his list of accomplishments.
The 36-year old Birmingham, Alabama native garnered the award for his participation on Jimmy Fallon’s Blow Your Pants Off, which won for Best Comedy Album. The win was announced prior to the the 55th Annual Grammy Awards telecast.
Hicks, along with talk show host Stephen Colbert, appeared on Fallon’s show for a parody of the Rebecca Black song, "Friday." The recording was included on Fallon’s album.
Joining Hicks on Fallon's album: Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney, Eddie Vedder, Dave Matthews, Justin Timberlake, Big and Rich and Brian Williams.
Watch “Friday” below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Partner, Let Me Upgrade You: Hulu Finally Offers a Commercial-Free Option
- Two of Your Favorite TV Actresses Might Be in the New Star Wars
- Samantha Bee’s Full Frontal Teaser Has the Cojones Needed to Take on Those Late-Night Dudes
- Jon Stewart Only Has Great Things to Say About Stephen Colbert and His Late Show Gig
- Kate Upton Walks the Edge of the CN Tower with Boyfriend Justin Verlander
- Freida Pinto, Jenna Dewan & Rosario Dawson Celebrate The A List 15th Anniversary!
- Rihanna's Rumored Love Interest Lewis Hamilton Speaks to Dating Rumors
- Miranda Lambert & Jake Owen Perform at ACM Honors 2015 Following Their Splits