'American Idol' Taylor Hicks Looks for Love on 'The Choice'
Will hearts break Thursday night as the season five winner attempts a "love connection" on the Fox reality show? THR goes straight to the source for answers.
Is American Idol season-five champion Taylor Hicks off the market?
“We’ll see,” teases Idol’s most eligible bachelor, as he gets his turn on Thursday's episode of the Fox dating show, The Choice. “No hearts broken here.”
Hicks will appear on a celebrity panel alongside NFL star Warren Sapp, Jersey Shore star Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino and chef Rocco DiSpirito.
(Worth noting: Hicks was on the cover of People magazine’s Most Eligible Bachelor issue weeks after his 2006 Idol victory. Prior eligible bachelors included George Clooney, Matt Damon and Yankee slugger Derek Jeter.)
Hicks isn’t spilling any details about who he wound up dating, or what happened, but said he had a “blast.”
“It’s the Dating Game meets Love Connection meets The Voice,” he said of the program, which pairs eligible celebrity bachelors with potential love matches.
Hicks, who said his recipe for the perfect date includes “lots of laughter,” noted that viewers will have the opportunity to see the results of the date.
He said he was pleasantly surprised that the show encouraged the guys to hang out prior to the program, which created a tight chemistry that may surprise the viewing audience.
“That made for great television moments,” he said.
Who was Hicks’ BFF during screening? Why, none other than Sorrentino (who THR spotted on The Seaside Heights Boardwalk in New Jersey Tuesday night noshing at the eatery, Jimbo’s, with DJ Pauly D and Vinny Guadagnino).
“I love that guy,” said Hicks. “He’s such a cool dude…He’s an entertainer at heart.”
In the meantime, eligible bachelorettes can schedule a ladies-night pilgrimage to see Hicks in his new habitat in Las Vegas as the Alabama soul-singer prepares for his three-month concert residency. The engagement begins June 26.
“It’s a historical gig, and to be headlining a show like that is an honor,” he said.
He promises the show will be a little bit of everything, with nods to classic Vegas entertainers.
“Wayne Newton will give birth to Elvis Presley when I am onstage,” he said.
In the meantime, check out Hicks 9 p.m. Thursday on The Choice.
Watch him pay homage to The King and discuss his visit to Graceland with Ryan Seacrest below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding