'American Idol' Vs. 'The Voice': Contestants Take On Josh Groban, James Brown (Video)
Chris Mann battles Joshua Ledet with Groban's "You Raise Me Up," while Juliet Simms and Ledet duke it out on Brown's "It's A Man's Man's World".
This season, fans of American Idol and The Voice probably had a feeling of deja vu, as contestants from both shows did performances of the exact same songs.
For example, pop opera singer Chris Mann impressed Voice coach Christina Aguilera earlier this week with this version of Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up."
On Wednesday night's Idol episode, Joshua Ledet earned his millionth standing ovation with the same song.
Earlier on The Voice, Cee Lo Green chose Journey's epic "Faithfully" for a battle between Broadway performer Tony Vincent and the bearded Justin Hopkins with this result:
Wednesday night, Idol's Hollie Cavanagh tried to make it into the top 3 with her cover of the same song.
American Idol judge Steven Tyler said he had never seen a better version of James Brown's "It's A Man's Man's World" performed by "man or woman." Maybe he missed Juliet Simms doing the same song on The Voice.
However, on Thursday night's Idol results show, Interscope executive Jimmy Iovine said Ledet's version of the song is one he would watch again and again:
So who sang it better, Worshippers? We'll let you decide!
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Reese Witherspoon Loves Mindy Kaling's 'Wreath Witherspoon' Creation
- Ansel Elgort Responds To Rumors He's Gay: ‘I Like Girls, A Lot'
- Reading, PA's 'Ugly' Charlie Brown-Themed Christmas Tree Has More Holiday Spirit Than Most
- Aaron Sorkin, Judd Apatow Call 'The Interview' Decision An Attack On Free Speech
- 'Serial' Season One Finale Episode is Here - Listen Now & Find Out How it Ends!
- Scott Disick Goes Go Kart Racing After His Third Child's Birth
- James Franco Gets His Mind Off 'The Interview' with Lady Gaga's Help!
- Liam Neeson Brings 'Taken 3' to Berlin with Forest Whitaker for Premiere & Press Conference!