'American Idol' and 'Voice' Alum Frenchie Davis Comes Out
"I wasn’t out before the relationship, but I wasn't in," says the singer of her current girlfriend; she also reveals she's debuting a new dance-oriented track at the Chicago Pride Fest this weekend.
Frenchie Davis has made her choice -- and it’s a woman.
Davis, an alum of both Fox's American Idol and NBC's The Voice, has revealed that her partner of the last year may be the one.
"I wasn’t out before the relationship, but I wasn’t in," she told the St. Louis Post Dispatch. "I dated men and women, though lesbians weren’t feeling the bisexual thing. Now I'm in love with a woman I think I can be with forever."
Davis, who will perform this weekend at the Chicago Pride Fest, expressed support for gay men in the interview.
“I love the gay boys," she said. “They have that awesome, masculine energy, but there’s also something else going on as well."
Davis, 33, was a contender on the second season of Idol before being disqualified for what was then described as racy photographs. She has since starred on Broadway in the musical Rent and toured with her fellow season two contestants Ruben Studdard and Trenyce Cobbins in the 2008 30th anniversary national touring production of Ain't Misbehavin'. She also played Effie in the West Coast production of Dreamgirls. Davis returned to television last year as a contestant on NBC’s The Voice, finishing in fifth place and landing a spot on the 2011 summer tour.
The R&B powerhouse singer also revealed that her album is near completion, and she will debut a new dance-oriented track at the Pride Fest this weekend.
"I love coming to Chicago for Pride," Davis told GoPride, noting that she plans to perform her new single during her concert there. "I'm so excited!"
Watch Davis and her peformance of the David Guetta/Kelly Rowland track "When Love Takes Over" below.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- TV Review: For the Love of God, Watch The Americans Tonight
- Sundance Review: Cobie Smulders, Guy Pearce, and Kevin Corrigan Reinvent the Rom-Com in Andrew Bujalski’s Results
- Watch the Trailer for Amira & Sam, Featuring Paul Wesley in a Very Different Role
- 3-Sentence Reviews: White Columns, Philip Taaffe, and More
- Jennifer Connelly Is 'Aloft' at Sundance Film Festival
- Ewan McGregor Reflects on '90s London Life With Angelina Jolie
- Dianna Agron & Patrick Wilson Have a 'Zipper' Situation at Sundance Film Festival 2015
- Malin Akerman On 'I'll See You In My Dreams' Co-Star Blythe Danner: 'She's A Legend For A Reason'