'American Idol' Winner Candice Glover: 'I'm the Poster Child for Perseverance' (Video)
The newly crowned season 12 winner talks to THR moments after her win.
Moments after Candice Glover emerged victorious on season 12 of American Idol, the 23-year-old stopped to talk to The Hollywood Reporter about her win and where she heads next.
Clearly still getting accustomed to the title of American Idol, the South Carolina native talked about staying humbled and grounded as she heads out to a career as a major label artist. At the same time, she takes pride in the fact that after auditioning for the Fox show on three different occasions, she finally sees her dream come true.
Says Glover: "I'm the poster child for perseverance and determination." And it's paying off: her debut album, Music Speaks, is slated for a July 16 release just a few weeks into the Idol summer tour.
Watch the video above for more post-finale reaction from the newly crowned singer and plans for going forward.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Robert Davi: Singing the Songs He Loves in a Place He Loves
- Sleepy Hollow's Tom Mison & Nicole Beharie Take San Diego Comic-Con by Storm
- Chloe Moretz Wins Fans Favorite Actress Award at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Ian Somerhalder: 'The Vampire Diaries' Wins Best Threesome at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Nikki Reed & Kellan Lutz Have a 'Twilight' Reunion at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!