'American Idol' Winner Candice Glover: 'I'm the Poster Child for Perseverance' (Video)
The newly crowned season 12 winner talks to THR moments after her win.
Moments after Candice Glover emerged victorious on season 12 of American Idol, the 23-year-old stopped to talk to The Hollywood Reporter about her win and where she heads next.
Clearly still getting accustomed to the title of American Idol, the South Carolina native talked about staying humbled and grounded as she heads out to a career as a major label artist. At the same time, she takes pride in the fact that after auditioning for the Fox show on three different occasions, she finally sees her dream come true.
Says Glover: "I'm the poster child for perseverance and determination." And it's paying off: her debut album, Music Speaks, is slated for a July 16 release just a few weeks into the Idol summer tour.
Watch the video above for more post-finale reaction from the newly crowned singer and plans for going forward.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Emily Deschanel & David Boreanaz Gives Us Intense 'Bones' Season 10 Trailer - Watch Now
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Are the Hottest Couple in Miami
- Cate Blanchett's 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' Will Invade Comic-Con
- Kate Beckinsale's Birthday is Tomorrow & She's Looking More Beautiful Than Ever!