'American Idol' Winner Candice Glover: 'I'm the Poster Child for Perseverance' (Video)
The newly crowned season 12 winner talks to THR moments after her win.
Moments after Candice Glover emerged victorious on season 12 of American Idol, the 23-year-old stopped to talk to The Hollywood Reporter about her win and where she heads next.
Clearly still getting accustomed to the title of American Idol, the South Carolina native talked about staying humbled and grounded as she heads out to a career as a major label artist. At the same time, she takes pride in the fact that after auditioning for the Fox show on three different occasions, she finally sees her dream come true.
Says Glover: "I'm the poster child for perseverance and determination." And it's paying off: her debut album, Music Speaks, is slated for a July 16 release just a few weeks into the Idol summer tour.
Watch the video above for more post-finale reaction from the newly crowned singer and plans for going forward.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- The Cast Of 'Will & Grace' Reunited And It Was Almost Too Adorable To Handle
- Arrest Made After Reported Hacking Of Pippa Middleton's Photos
- Adam Levine And Behati Prinsloo Share Adorable First Photo Of Daughter Dusty Rose
- Miley Cyrus And Billy Idol Give The Crowd 'More, More, More' At iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Joins Weird Al Yankovic to Sing ‘Yoda,’ Achieving the Much Sought After Nerd Holy Trinity
- Michael Bay’s Next Transformers Film Criticized for Using Nazi Flags at Winston Churchill’s Home
- Kanye Did a Surprise Set at Chance the Rapper’s Magnificent Coloring Day Festival, But It’s Kanye, So Really, How Surprised Were You?
- Charles Osgood Picks Jane Pauley as His Successor on CBS Sunday Morning