'American Idol' Winner Candice Glover Releases New Single (Video)
The Season 12 winner released her first single "Cried" from her forthcoming album via iTunes.
American Idol Season 12 winner Candice Glover has released her new single, "Cried," on iTunes today.
Produced by The Underdogs, "Cried" arrives off of Glover’s debut album Music Speaks, currently set for a Feb. 18, 2014 release on 19/Interscope Records. The forthcoming record also includes tracks produced by Harvey Mason Jr., Rodney Jerkins and Jackie Boyz.
Set against a lush piano arrangement written to showcase Glover’s powerful vocals, the South Carolina native sings of a lost relationship and crying for “all of the pain that you brought/and I cried for all of the heartache you caused/I tried to be the girl that never complains/ but holding it in/is driving me insane/so I cried.” The song is currently available for download on iTunes.
Earlier this month Glover took the stage at the Soul Train Awards to honor Legend Award recipient Dionne Warwick. The tribute also featured performances by Gladys Knight, Ronald Isley, Eric Benet, Ruben Studdard, Kenny Lattimore and Bobby V. Glover.
The Soul Train Awards airs Dec. 1 at 8 p.m. PST on BET and Centric.
Watch the lyric video for "Cried" below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Kate Upton's Boyfriend Justin Verlander Responds to Leaked Nude Photos
- Jamie Dornan & E.L. James Have 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Reunion at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Kate Hudson Believes Eating Disorders Shouldn't Be Plastered on Magazine Covers!
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014