'American Idol' Winner Fantasia: A Decade On (Video)
The season three diva talks to THR about all-female finales, how Nicki Minaj has impacted music and her own "Idol" journey.
American Idol season three winner Fantasia returned to stage that made her a household first name, performing her latest single “Lose to Win” on the April 18 elimination show.
The 28-year-old North Carolina native dedicated the song to families in need, especially those in Boston and Texas following the recent tragedies.
Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter after her performance, which had the judges grooving in their chairs, Fantasia also remembered her own Idol family -- especially those at her side in the series’ first ever all-girl top 4.
Now, after five seasons of male winners, Idol will again have a female victor. Hear what Fantasia had to say about season 12, Nicki Minaj’s impact on music and Idol a decade on in the interview above.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- 5 Seconds Of Summer's Calum Hood Sends Naked Snapchat, Then Shrugs It Off With Emoticon
- Why Courtney Stodden Will Never Be Marilyn Monroe, In Her Own Words
- Ridley Scott Addresses 'Exodus' Casting Following Whitewash Backlash
- It's Labor Day, Which Means Your Future Best Picture Winner Might Already Be Here
- Chelsea Clinton Leaving NBC News to Focus On Her Baby & Other Work
- Margot Robbie Begins Filming 'Tarzan' After Mystery Boyfriend is Revealed!
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Wife Sam's Home Raided by Armed Police After Gun Spotted Inside
- Ariana Grande Performs 'Bang Bang' On 'Today' Show; Tells The World She's 'Happy' About Love Life